PG Music Home
Posted By: soulagent Tired Of Problems - 09/18/18 04:55 PM
Hi All. I have been using BIAB forever. I fear that now it has become so complex that it will be forever prone to operating problems.
Now every second chord I enter wont play. Sometimes I can force it by going to the chord options and "update" but sometimes this doesn't work either. Also tired of shutting down every five minutes and going to "run as Administrator" Any ideas?? Cheers
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Tired Of Problems - 09/18/18 06:11 PM
A great place to start is by letting us know what version of BiaB you are using wink
Any specifications available?
Steps to reproduce?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Tired Of Problems - 09/18/18 11:20 PM
A good next step, after the one above, would be to look at the new post by JFord in Tips and Tricks Forum about Run As Administrator. There is no need to set this more than once.

Then, about your data entry, tell the exact steps you take, what happens, and what you expected to happen.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Tired Of Problems - 09/18/18 11:28 PM
Hi Soulagent,

Are you clicking Generate and Play after entering chords, or just Play?

When you describe "shutting down every five minutes and going to "run as Administrator", are you saying that Band-in-a-Box is crashing every 5 minutes, or are you closing it that frequently for some other reason?

By the way, you can set BIAB to automatically run as administrator. Open your Band-in-a-Box folder (usually C:\BB), right-click on bbw.exe and select Properties, then click on the Compatibility tab and check the "Run this program as an administrator" box. Once that's done, you can launch it with a simple double-click.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
© PG Music Forums