PG Music Home
Posted By: joden Addictive drums loads, but no sound? - 11/23/18 11:16 PM
I can get Addictive Drums to load into the first slot, and indeed when I select demos inside AD they play fine, however when I try to send a midi drum track to AD, I get no sound?

All i get is this message
"Since you did not select a DXi synth in the top slot of the Synth Track tab, no MIDI output will be heard. Are you sure you still want to exit the DirectX Plugins dialog?"

So why is it saying no DXi synth when it is a VST synth? is there sme setting somewhere that forces the top slot to use a VST?

Note, the AD plugin line appears as a VST using the drop down arrow, so BIAB is seeing it, just not sending MIDI to. Probably because of that error message.

Thanks
Hi Joden,

You need to select something General MIDI-compatible (like the Coyote WT) as the Default Synth. It sounds like you just haven't selected a Default Synth.

Addictive Drums should only be assigned to the Drums track, but you'll get that error if that's all you've done,and the Default Synth slot is still empty.

If that doesn't help, please let us know which version of Band-in-a-Box you're using.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: joden Re: Addictive drums loads, but no sound? - 11/24/18 12:16 AM
thanks Kent..I'll give that a try.
Posted By: joden Re: Addictive drums loads, but no sound? - 11/24/18 12:20 AM
Kent, I did that under the Options dialogue, but when I click on the default synth, the only option I get is none and the addictive drums vst?

Is the Coyote installed by default? (BIAB 2018 btw)
Posted By: joden Re: Addictive drums loads, but no sound? - 11/24/18 12:39 AM
ok, so I reset BIAB back to factory after which it advised I had no Dx installed and that I could install from the Help Menu - Utilities btw, in case anyone doing a search comes across this.

After a reboot it all works as expected.

Thanks
© PG Music Forums