PG Music Home
Get to know the new Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows with our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Everything You Need to Know in Under 6 Minutes! video:

Interesting. I used to work as post production audio engineer for video and film a lot.

So a Q towards PG: WHY is all the 'musical' racket present in the sound track, or better: has to be so friggin' loud compared to the fast talking voiceover? It beats me, and i quitted watching it after 20 seconds already.

IMO both the mix and the voiceover script can be a lot simpler and clearer. The too often repeated line 'Band-in-a-Box' is very irritating. People looking at this video know already what they're watching. Normally a voiceover would tell what the following scene is about, as brief as possible, and after that show it. That's usually done with instruction material normally. As ad there's just too much info and racket going on at the same time. A good thing though is that there's no talking head present ....

IMO the whole video to me is sort of a CocaCola ad, bearable for about 6 seconds, but for 6 minutes i cannot watch this caboose. Sorry folks ... - F
I like this video a lot. And I don't usually like videos.

It's 9+ minutes, but the first video really is 6 minutes, and then there is more about the Bonus 49-pak.

I enjoyed the "fast talking" voiceover. The features are described quickly but there isn't any wasted time, so it's a great overview or refresher for an existing user. The music excerpts are perfect to describe the feature being discussed, and if you look closely, you'll see the notation is in sync.

I don't think I would recommend this video to a new user, though, as BIAB is so loaded with features that it would be hard to grasp the amazing stuff going on here.
Maybe i looked at it as a beginner; some times i feel like that as there are so many things in BIAB i never used ... i'll try to watch it at a later stage again .... smirk
>> So a Q towards PG: WHY is all the 'musical' racket present in the sound track, or better: has to be so friggin' loud compared to the fast talking voiceover? It beats me, and i quitted watching it after 20 seconds already.

I love this video. I don't find the background music too loud. I also like that it changes styles frequently. This is a music program with thousands of styles - maybe you love country so don't want to hear jazz in the background for the whole demo. Or maybe you hear a Klezmer demo and that's what you're looking for, even if the narrator is talking about ASIO drivers at that point.

If you only watched it for 20 seconds, I'd suggest you watch it again. Maybe try headphones or something, as the balance sounds fine for me, and we haven't heard other complaints about the voice/music balance.
Me likes it too great video!
© PG Music Forums