PG Music Home
Posted By: wish Downloading updates - 12/05/18 10:09 PM
Hi, can I download the 2019 UltraPAK update from 2018 version onto a portable hard drive and expect it to run from there?
Or do I need part/some of the 2018 version to run with this update?
Thinking my storage space is going to be stretched on the PC.
Many thanks.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Downloading updates - 12/05/18 11:26 PM
I'm not sure I understood the question fully. Presuming you want to download the 2019 UltraPak and use it to update the 2018 version.

You can download the UltraPak install files to anywhere, including a removable USB drive, and then run the installer(s) from that drive to update your 2018 version on your internal hard drive. Of course, you need to have room available for your new RealTracks, RealDrums etc. on your destination drive (x:\bb\).

Does this clarify, if not, can you give some more info about your current configuration?
Posted By: wish Re: Downloading updates - 12/06/18 12:04 AM
Thanks VideoTrack.
I have only 24gb left on my hard drive, presumably not enough to download and run the upgrade from 2018 ultraPAK to 2019...??
I have just bought a 2Tb portable hard drive and wondered if I downloaded the 2019 update, would that run by itself on that drive.
I have also all the Xtra packs and the last 49 pak which are obviously on my PC along with 2018 version and my songs. Have no issue moving the songs across but unsure of the rest.
Also not savvy with the "installer".
Appreciate your reply.
Posted By: Bunyip Re: Downloading updates - 12/06/18 01:24 AM
If you have UltraPAK you could do a reinstall of 2018 on your hard drive, and install Realtracks and Real Drums on your external hard drive.

Then you could install BIAB 2019 on your hard drive, and put the 202 real tracks on your portable drive.

This should free up some space on your hard drive if you currently have the real tracks and drums installed there.
Posted By: wish Re: Downloading updates - 12/06/18 01:26 AM
Thanks Bunyip, thats sounds a simple solution.
Cheers
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Downloading updates - 12/06/18 01:37 AM
You can certainly install either Everything or just the RealTracks, RealDrums on your removable drive.

(for example, the Audiophile version has everything on a removable drive.)

When you run any of the installers, you are prompted where you wish to have the Program, RealDrums or RealTracks copied to as needed.

Just set the locations to your Removable Drive as required.

Attached picture 2018-12-06_15-34-58.jpg
© PG Music Forums