PG Music Home
We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!
Is it possible to set this up to always run the 64bit version? Can I just change the path in the desktop shortcut icon to the 64 bit exec? Also, can I just install the 64 bit version?

Sorry for the dumb questions. lol

Thanks Callie!

Paul
Right click on the icon check properties and change the bbw.exe to bbw64.exe

Tony
Thanks.
Can 64 bit BIAB 2019 running as a vst in a DAW open a .SGU file created in 32 bit BIAB 2016-2017-2018?

Thanks,

Chris K
Originally Posted By: Chris K
Can 64 bit BIAB 2019 running as a vst in a DAW open a .SGU file created in 32 bit BIAB 2016-2017-2018?

Thanks,

Chris K

Hello Chris,

Yes, you can open any .sgu file in the Band-in-a-Box DAW VST Plugin - regardless of whether it was originally created using a 32 bit or 64 bit version of Band-in-a-Box.
Great! Thank you.

Chris
Originally Posted By: Alyssa - PG Music

Thanks,

Chris K

Hello Chris,

Yes, you can open any .sgu file in the Band-in-a-Box DAW VST Plugin - regardless of whether it was originally created using a 32 bit or 64 bit version of Band-in-a-Box.

Another question - can 64 bit BIAB 2019 access and run all the 32 bit RealTracks & RealDrums etc from previous versions as well?

Another question - can 64 bit BIAB 2019 access and run all the 32 bit RealTracks & RealDrums etc from previous versions as well?
Yes.
OK, great. Thank you!
>Right click on the icon check properties and change the bbw.exe to bbw64.exe<

I thought I was pretty computer savvy but I absolutely am unable to get this done.

When I right-click on the "Band In A Box" icon (at the opening screen--not "drilled down" into bb folder), I see nowhere where I can choose bbw64.exe over bbw.exe. Can you please walk me through that? (Windows 10)

Thanks in advance.

Life is too short for extra clicks. ;-)

Jerry
I did it by 'drilling down' into the bb folder, finding bbw64.exe, right clicking and choosing "send to" and "create desktop shortcut" (or words to that effect). Now I just double click on that icon on my desktop to start the 64 bit version of biab.
Tried that twice now, including trying to make a shortcut. Error message each time.
Yikes! Sorry, that's all I got.
HOW I FINALLY DID IT:

1) Went to My Computer and double-clicked on my "UltraPAK" icon (G: on my computer)
2) Right clicked on THE WHITE SPACE--not on any icons--and clicked "New", then "Shortcut"
3) "Browsed" to the bbw64 icon
4) That made a Shortcut for it NOT on the Desktop, but on the UltraPAK opening screen where the other "Band In A Box" icon is.
OK.

Just checking, is that the way you want it? I went to an empty area of my desktop, right-clicked, New, Shortcut. Then I navigated to /bb/bbw64.exe

And gave it a name.

This gives me a shortcut for each, the 32-bit and the 64-bit.
Originally Posted By: jerrypettit
>Right click on the icon check properties and change the bbw.exe to bbw64.exe<

I thought I was pretty computer savvy but I absolutely am unable to get this done.

When I right-click on the "Band In A Box" icon (at the opening screen--not "drilled down" into bb folder), I see nowhere where I can choose bbw64.exe over bbw.exe. Can you please walk me through that? (Windows 10)

Thanks in advance.

Life is too short for extra clicks. ;-)

Jerry

I understand, you are on a Band-in-a-Box hard drive. You can change that by editing the datalist.asc file with notepad and changing bbw.exe to bbw64.exe. Others were talking about a desktop icon shortcut,
© PG Music Forums