PG Music Home
Posted By: GerryB Distorted BB sound files in 64bit version - 12/08/18 05:13 PM
Hi, I just installed the new 64bit update but I am getting Distorted BB sound files in 64bit version, sounds OK in 32bit version , does anyone have any ideas please, eg audio settings etc... Am using Windows10 Thanks
Posted By: rharv Re: Distorted BB sound files in 64bit version - 12/08/18 05:34 PM
Others have noticed this also (including me) and it has been reported to development.
Many users seem fine though.
Hopefully it will be fixed soon as previous 64 bit (beta) versions seemed OK.

If you want to try things, maybe try ASIO vs MME drivers (or WAS drivers) and the bit settings (16 vs 24).
To me the distortion/crackling sounds like a driver/conversion type of issue. Could be wrong.

I do know some users that have experienced it are using the same drivers in 32 and 64 bit, leading me to think the problem is in the released 64 bit version.
Shoot an email to support to let them know you are also hearing this, as it may help with prioritizing the fix.

I haven't seen any noted fixes in the updates, but it would also be worth making sure you have the latest update installed which is linked in the Sticky's at the top of this forum.
Posted By: GerryB Re: Distorted BB sound files in 64bit version - 12/08/18 06:21 PM
Thank you for your quick response. Yes I tried that and more still no joy, I will contact support on Monday and hopefully they will be able to fix this.
Best regards
GerryB
Me too.

I have 2 computers - 1 desktop and 1 laptop - with the same symptoms.

I sent the help folks a test file from which I created 2 audio files. 1 audio file was rendered from the test file and it sounds fine. Then I recorded the test file again with a Zoom Recorder set up within my room. The zoom file has the distortion.

BTW, my 32 bit version works fine. My 64 bit version is where the problem is.

...Deb
I think quite a few people are noticing this and I am sure it is being looked into. Hopefully it will be resolved in a future update. I found that it only affects song playback in the 64bit version. If you render the files then there is no distortion.

Maybe just use the 32bit version until it is fixed.
© PG Music Forums