PG Music Home
Posted By: airtcon-161 2019 Ready for prime Time - 12/08/18 09:28 PM
Having read the forum and the issues some are having with this and the updates and the hard drives not being ready was this really ready for release. I know PG music must be working hard to solve these problems and have done so already with the updates but the release of this version doesn't seem to be going smoothly.

Nelson
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: 2019 Ready for prime Time - 12/09/18 02:56 AM
Since 604 came out i am working with 64bit; it doesn't crash but there seem to be some issues to fix, like distorted audio when transposing it seems. I don't like the way the new songpicker's GUI works, especially the folder selection procedure. Old one seemed easier for me as you did not have to redirect it without marking it as the FAV first. .
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: 2019 Ready for prime Time - 12/09/18 06:30 PM
Originally Posted By: airtcon-161
Having read the forum and the issues some are having with this and the updates and the hard drives not being ready was this really ready for release.

90% of the posts are concerning the VST. If you're planning on using the VST with a DAW I agree with you, it doesn't appear ready for prime time but if you're not planning on using the VST, the regular program works fine. There are things with the Stylepicker and Songpicker some folks are getting distortion and others like myself don't but that's small stuff. As for the hard drives I just read they're starting to ship now.

Whether or not you even need the 64 bit version depends on what you use for your midi sounds. If you're just using the regular GM synths and Real Tracks then you have no need for 64 bit, just use the regular old 32 bit versions we've all been using for the last 15 years.

Bob
Posted By: guichard Re: 2019 Ready for prime Time - 12/10/18 06:41 AM
I agree that the old one seemed to be easier to use. Plus the limit of the number of songs tops out at around 15000 instead of the advertised limit. Do they ever test this stuff before releasing?
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: 2019 Ready for prime Time - 12/10/18 01:35 PM
I haven't upgraded yet. I usually wait until closer to Christmas, and hope most of the "issues" get ironed out.

Just checked my BIAB 2018 (520) song list and it's at 21,526.
Thanks to all you "eager beavers" who finish up the testing for us patient folks!

Good luck!
LLOYD S
Posted By: jford Re: 2019 Ready for prime Time - 12/10/18 02:26 PM
Song picker list in BB2009 is supposed to support up to 50,000 songs; however, even though I've seen it count through up to 42,175 songs (on my machine), it also hits some 100MB limit that keeps it from displaying all the songs after the list is built. I have reported this a couple of times already, so hopefully they are figuring out where the problem lies and will get it fixed soon.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: 2019 Ready for prime Time - 12/10/18 02:44 PM
Hmmm, I had never used this feature before as it seemed to be one of those BIAB oddities that duplicate Windows file management already available.

I just tried it on my BIAB 2018 and it seems to be incredibly slow to build the list; I only had 109 songs in my folder and it took several minutes! I can only imagine how long it must take for those of you with thousands of songs!

Another issue I noticed that would make this unusable for me is there appears to be no way to sort by date. Am I missing that? Date sorting is my most important tool when it comes to file management.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: 2019 Ready for prime Time - 12/10/18 04:20 PM
It builds a smaller number of songs (<500) within one or two seconds on a system here. If it had to search sub-folders and they were quite deep, then the search would take longer I guess.

However, there does not seem to be any way to sort anything by the column headings. They appear to be 'actioned' by a mouse click event, but nothing happens. That would be the logical place to sort from, separate to any filters that have been applied.
© PG Music Forums