PG Music Home
1. Launch 2019 32/64 bits
2. Click on Song Picker Icon
3. "You need to build the song list folder (c:\mycustomfolder). Press the rebuild button or press the change button to choose a different folder" message.
4. Click on rebuild.
-If the folder has a lot of songs (say 35000), a progress bar appears but it stops after a while. BIAB freezes for 10 minutes (program not responding) and finally shows the songlist correctly
-If the folder has fewer songs (say 9000), BIAB doesn't freeze, but the progress bar stops after counting (say) 3000 songs, and the shows the songlist correctly.
5. Choose any song and play it. Correct.
6. Click on Songpicker again > BIAB shows you the "You need to build the song list folder" again.
7. The problem persist no matter if I change the home folder nor not.

Running BBW as administrator > No luck
Deleting interface.bbw and mysetup.dk > No luck
Installing a fresh copy of BIAB 2019 > No luck

Any idea?
I would delete the SongzW1.bin file in the song directory and rebuild it just to make sure your original song database is not corrupted to start with.

Make sure that file even exists to begin with. If not, that is a big problem. If so, it could be corrupted. If it does not fix the problem, we move on to other possibilities.
Thanks for your reply.

There's no songzw1.bin file in any directory. I've deleted several SongListTemp4.bin files in differents folders / subfoders inside c:\bb, but that doesn't solve the problem.

BIAB keeps asking for a rebuild each time I click on the Song Button icon, making this feature absolutely unusable for me.

Hi Cerio

I had the same problem but not sure my solution will help but this is what I did

When I did the download I then started the installation - I came to the window to which you assign the drive
The top one says normally assigned to drive C. so I did this and had the problem as the my main BB is on internal dive E. I should have done it all to Drive E

EDIT - I did uninstall everything BB before I started again

After contacting support they told me that I should not split the download as any part meant for drive C will go there by default so I did the lot to drive E

I did this and solved the problem

jazzman
Thanks, jazzman. I have everything in C:

Let's hope that a future update solve the problem. This one is really frustrating... cry

Well, after many hours of trial and error, comparing folders, discarding options, trying with 2019 (32 and 64 bits) and 2018 ... I've solved the problem!

It was a corrupted (0 bits) MGU file causing the problem. When v. 2019 rebuilds the database, and founds a corrupted file in a folder WITHOUT A PREVIOUS *.BIN INSIDE, it apparently continues normally, but actually stops building the database. Without giving the user any warning about the error (you have to figure it out for yourself) the program simply shows an incomplete list. But if you close the songpicker window and open it again, the program forgets everything and ask for a rebuild, giving the user a cue for figuring out that there's something wrong.

2018, on the other hand, manages correctly this situation: it simply ignores the corrupted file, and builds the whole database transparently to the user with zero problems.

Enough for today... I'm going to play a little bit...
Did you send this in an email to support@pgmusic.com ? Please do.

Thanks for marking the original post "SOLVED". Good form.
Thanks, will do
© PG Music Forums