PG Music Home
Posted By: airtcon-161 Real tracks installer - 12/09/18 10:57 PM
Hi, I downloaded all the 2019 files from The BIAB site. Saved them on an external HD. Installed the main program ( 32 bit) and all is well and working with the latest ver 604. I then went to try and use the real tracks installer and it proceeds to the point where it shows me where I want the files installed eg C:\BB. This is the standard place for these to be installed, When I proceed to the next screen It tell me I have chosen a different place to install these files even though it shows C:\bb and it asks me if I want to continue. I selected NO as I want them installed to C:\bb. Any ideas as to what might be wrong with the installer if anything???

Thanks

Nelson
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Real tracks installer - 12/09/18 11:04 PM
Where are your RealTracks and RealDrums actually installed?
You can review this from Options > Preferences > RealDrums or RealTracks > Custom Folder settings.
Posted By: airtcon-161 Re: Real tracks installer - 12/09/18 11:56 PM
Hi. I figured it out. They are installed in the standard PG music suggestion which is C:\bb. The warning message I saw tends to make one think that even though they have entered the C:\bb as the destination, It made me believe the program was going to install them somewhere else, at least that's the impression I got. Any way after saying NO a couple of times which ended the installation, I decided to say yes. The next screen then showed all the correct directories and started the installation. So far all is well. Thanks for your response.

Cheers

Nelson
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Real tracks installer - 12/09/18 11:59 PM
Nelson,

Try using the 'browse' option to navigate to C:\bb and then press OK. I've occasionally found that this is necessary when installing updates.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: airtcon-161 Re: Real tracks installer - 12/10/18 12:04 AM
Thanks Noel I did try that but keep getting the warning screen I was talking about, well it really wasn't a warning just a message asking if I wanted to continue.I am really not sure if I pressed ok after the browse, sorry

Cheers

Nelson
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Real tracks installer - 12/10/18 12:16 AM
Nelson, this isn’t exactly about your question, but you mentioned you installed the 32-bit version. You actually installed both. If you want to make a second shortcut to bbw64.exe you can try that as well.
Posted By: airtcon-161 Re: Real tracks installer - 12/10/18 12:22 AM
Matt do I need to install the 64 bit version?? Is this necessary??

Cheers

Nelson
Posted By: airtcon-161 Re: Real tracks installer - 12/10/18 12:29 AM
I tried to install the real tracks and it did quite a few of them but the the installer failed and just gave a list of realtracks that we not installed and then when I tried to install each individually it gave me an error that this was not a 32 bit application. I guess i wait for the HD LOL.On another note I have 2019 installed as a 32 bit. I open the style picker and I see all the 2019 new styles. When I go to preview them there is no demo all though all the styles show, they just don't play. Also if I highlight one and the try to load it nothing happens in the main BIAB style name. In other words it didn't load

Thanks all

Nelson
Posted By: airtcon-161 Re: Real tracks installer - 12/10/18 12:35 AM
I feel like an absolute fool ref the above of not being able load or hear the new styles. There was a little button called REBUILD that I forgot to hit. [*****] happens LOL

Cheers Nelson

A Long Night
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Real tracks installer - 12/10/18 12:50 AM
Nelson,

If you're happy with BIAB 32-bit, stay with it. There are no extra bits and pieces that BIAB 64-bit brings to the table from a making-music perspective.

In fact, if you use any of PG Music's effects in BIAB, these are not present in BIAB 64-bit since the effects are 32-bit.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Real tracks installer - 12/10/18 01:46 AM
Originally Posted By: airtcon-161
Matt do I need to install the 64 bit version??

Cheers

Nelson
You already did.
© PG Music Forums