PG Music Home
Hi,

I just upgraded to BIAB 2019.

I want to quickly listen to all the new Realtracks and Real Drums material.

So I rebuilt the styles list and sorted it by Date (Latest at the the top). Listened to the approx. 15-20 new styles none of which were of the faintest interest to me nor requested by any BIAB user in the last 12 months.

I bought the upgrade cos on the PGMusic website were listed examples of a very small number of Blues, NY Jazz and Brass realtracks/styles that were of interest.

So where do I find and listen to those?
Hi Nigel,

The quickest way to listen to new material is to go to the new Realtracks page and play through them. This is what I do each year. (The link is below.)

https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.202newrealtracks.htm

Then, when I find one that appeals to me, I go to Stylepicker and set-up the "Other" filter to show me what I want.

For example...

I was working my way through this years list when I came across when I came across RT set #302 -- A Taste of Brazil with Alex Acuna and Ramon Stagnaro. I played the demo (see IMAGE 1 below), and wow!, loved it!

So...

1. I went to Stylepicker

2. Clicked on the "Other" filter (#1 on IMAGE 2)

3. Selected "Show 2019 (Newest Styles Only)"

4. Then selected "Styles with Realdrum artist" and selected Alex Acuna from the list appeared.

Now, all the styles that show are those that are (a) new in 2019 and (b) have Alex Acuna on drums. I reason that if I liked one of Acuna's works, I'm going to like the others, too.

The above process can also be used to select Realtrack artists once you've identified those you like. In this case, in the "Other" filter, simply select "Style with Realtrack artist".

Regards,
Noel

P.S. When I've listened to a particular set of styles, I always click on the "Clear" button in Stylepicker to clear the filter.

Description: IMAGE 1... from the "New Realtracks" webpage
Attached picture listeneing to new realtracks 1.JPG

Description: IMAGE 2... isolating style by Realdrum artist
Attached picture Isolating new realtracks realdrums.JPG
Great tip Noel. I have had so little time I had not gotten to this sit-down-and-listen to new RTs and MIDI.

First impression -

1) this is the year of the Real Drums and Acoustic Guitars. Some great sounding new tracks for these instruments.
2) Lots of love given for the Brazilian and latin genres.

However, what happen to the once mighty acoustic piano? I don't see one new Acoustic Piano real track or Midi Super Track? Couple e-pianos, but that don't count. Not complaining, just observing. Has everything which can be done, been done. smile

Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
However, what happen to the once mighty acoustic piano? I don't see one new Acoustic Piano real track or Midi Super Track? Couple e-pianos, but that don't count. smile

You must have missed the memo. We had a meeting and decided that the acoustic piano was no longer going to be included in BB. It was simply too odd sounding and it tended to offend some of the younger members of the group... grin grin grin

<sorry, couldn't help myself>
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
However, what happen to the once mighty acoustic piano? I don't see one new Acoustic Piano real track or Midi Super Track? Couple e-pianos, but that don't count. smile

You must have missed the memo. We had a meeting and decided that the acoustic piano was no longer going to be included in BB. It was simply too odd sounding and it tended to offend some of the younger members of the group... grin grin

<sorry, couldn't help myself>

Don't apologize, I appreciate a good sense of humor and god knows we all needed it around here these days. grin
© PG Music Forums