PG Music Home
Posted By: RexBagonia MinorMaj7 chords - 12/10/18 11:50 AM
Hi everyone,

I recently purchase the new version, and it seems to me that when I enter a minorMaj7 chord the software just play a plain minor 7 chord.
Never had that issue with a previous version.
Did I missed something here ?
Thanks,

Maxime
Posted By: DrDan Re: MinorMaj7 chords - 12/10/18 12:27 PM
Originally Posted By: RexBagonia
Hi everyone,

I recently purchase the new version, and it seems to me that when I enter a minorMaj7 chord the software just play a plain minor 7 chord.
Thanks,

Maxime

You must have missed the memo. We had a meeting and decided that the minorMaj7 was no longer going to be included in BB. It was simply too odd sounding and it tended to offend some of the younger members of the group. It was concluded that it was only used in a couple old songs and therefore would not really be missed. So we voted it out in 2019. grin

Sorry, just feelin whimsical this morning. I will let someone else step in now with something helpful.

Oh and BTW welcome to the forum. grin

Posted By: Matt Finley Re: MinorMaj7 chords - 12/10/18 01:12 PM
Yes, welcome to the forum, where there is never any humor!

This may depend on the style. If that chord type wasn't recorded by the players performing that style, it would explain. What you can do is tell us what style (or what specific RealTracks) you are using. We can then test it.

I specialize in Brazilian jazz. I use this chord all the time in BIAB.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: MinorMaj7 chords - 12/10/18 05:36 PM
Hi Maxime,

In addition to Matt's excellent advice, also have a look at the below post. It talks about "Natural Arrangements". This is a chord substitution feature and could be causing the mM7 chord to be played as m7.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=507727#Post507727

In my opinion, "Natural arrangements" is a feature that is best disabled for users who know exactly what chord they want.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: 1manband Re: MinorMaj7 chords - 12/10/18 08:01 PM
I completely agree with Noel about disabling that feature if you want specific chord forms. I was going crazy trying to figure out what was wrong, and doing this took care of 99% of itl
Posted By: Will Josef Re: MinorMaj7 chords - 12/10/18 09:40 PM
I hate "natural arrangements" -it totally spoiled my experience with the first few days of BiaB. I really don't understand that feature.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: MinorMaj7 chords - 12/10/18 10:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
I hate "natural arrangements" -it totally spoiled my experience with the first few days of BiaB. I really don't understand that feature.
As long as it can preserve the intended chord, it’s good because it is more likely to give better voice leading.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: MinorMaj7 chords - 12/11/18 12:00 AM
Matt I did not think there was that many types of jazz dozens, maybe hundreds but Brazilians?! No way man!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: MinorMaj7 chords - 12/11/18 12:39 AM
Way.
Posted By: RexBagonia Re: MinorMaj7 chords - 12/11/18 08:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Maxime,

In addition to Matt's excellent advice, also have a look at the below post. It talks about "Natural Arrangements". This is a chord substitution feature and could be causing the mM7 chord to be played as m7.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=507727#Post507727

In my opinion, "Natural arrangements" is a feature that is best disabled for users who know exactly what chord they want.

Regards,
Noel

Thank you so much ! It is working properly now !
and thanks everyone for your advices, really appreciated it !
Posted By: RexBagonia Re: MinorMaj7 chords - 12/11/18 09:11 AM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Originally Posted By: RexBagonia
Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Maxime

You must have missed the memo. We had a meeting and decided that the minorMaj7 was no longer going to be included in BB. It was simply too odd sounding and it tended to offend some of the younger members of the group. It was concluded that it was only used in a couple old songs and therefore would not really be missed. So we voted it out in 2019. grin

Sorry, just feelin whimsical this morning. I will let someone else step in now with something helpful.

Oh and BTW welcome to the forum. grin

ah ah ! Good call ! laugh
© PG Music Forums