PG Music Home
Posted By: DeaconBlues09 Thank you PG Music! - 12/11/18 11:49 AM
So yeah, BiaB 2019.

Guitar tab not appearing in tracks from earlier Instrumental Sets that worked just fine last year.

Tab appearing, but no audio in some of the new tracks I was rather excited about.

Some tab/notation making a symbolic appearance, but all mangled and hurled all across the chord sheet like some demented Pollack.

More error messages than I can click my mouse at.

Crackling, seething, hissing, and crashing with plugins that did not happen in the previous build (603?).

First blue screen of death I saw in half a decade when I tried loading the VST plugin into Reaper.

Clusters of tracks dropping audio, or freezing, or just taunting me from the sidelines.

Second screen of death soon followed when I, (perhaps stupidly), made another attempt.

I think it's time for me to unplug from this thing and have some serious bonding time with my beloved, but too often neglected, Gibson Nighthawk.

Thank you PG Music for helping me refocus my energies!
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Thank you PG Music! - 12/11/18 12:53 PM
My upgrade should be here in a few days...I'm not gonna install it until most of these issues are fixed.
Posted By: axeplayer Re: Thank you PG Music! - 12/11/18 12:56 PM
This I think is a very sad but to the point thread.

There is no way that I will be upgrading to this years band in a box with the current state of affairs, frustrated users, software that's not ready for prime time as stated in other threads.

PGMusic should do the right thing and either refund users who have bought this years upgrade, or else just make the base program available to download for free, and just charge for the additional content such as realtracks, if users want to do that.

If the basic program was available as a free download then at least everyone come become a Beta Tester and it might be sorted out for next years release.

There may well be some users who come on here and talk about patches on the way etc give it time, come on you know in your heart of hearts this whole charade is not acceptable.

Axey
Posted By: Cerio Re: Thank you PG Music! - 12/11/18 01:25 PM
Originally Posted By: axeplayer

PGMusic should do the right thing and either refund users who have bought this years upgrade, or else just make the base program available to download for free, and just charge for the additional content such as realtracks, if users want to do that.

If the basic program was available as a free download then at least everyone come become a Beta Tester and it might be sorted out for next years release.

I agree. I would gladly pay for the new content (btw, great work with the new realtracks, as always), but the main program is clearly in development, and should be offered only for beta testing. A long, open beta testing process would be a great idea, of course, but I also think that something like that would be in conflict with the marketing strategy of the company, which I fully respect.
Posted By: boydbob Re: Thank you PG Music! - 12/11/18 02:48 PM
I don't doubt the truth or the sincerity of any of the previous posts.
However, I have experienced none of those things. So far, everything works as expected.

I will admit to being disappointed with the missing features of the VST.
I get sound from the VST, and drag & drop works as expected.

BUT No sync with DAW, and Bar settings are MIA.
Without Bar Settings, I can't even use it;
Without sync it's just not all that useful.

I am hopeful that PG Music will add the missing VST features soon,
but when I ordered 2019, I didn't realize there was a VST.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Thank you PG Music! - 12/11/18 03:38 PM
I’m going to “come on here and talk about patches on the way”, because that’s the way the company has handled new releases for the 25 years I’ve been using BIAB. I know they eventually get sorted out. And I am going to encourage folks to keep reporting problems, because I know they are there, and continue to do it in a civil way without insulting the company or the beta testers. Everyone here has the same goal, to have a great and unique product to make music.
© PG Music Forums