PG Music Home
To end of January ?.
Often they will extend it a week or two into January. But! There is no obligation for them to do so, so I wouldn't count on it smile

I always buy my upgrade between Christmas and New Year, and this year will be no different.
Yea But with all the trouble and doubt in 2019, would put people off buying till it is fixed ?.
They should extend until the bugs are out of the program. Why put a program on the market that is not ready to function and create all the frustration, which kills the excitement level for the end user.

Just sayin'
I think that statement can be said about every single piece of software that’s ever been distributed by and all persons making software since the invention of computers. It is impossible to release anything without having bugs in it because of all the unknown factors involved. How is a piece of software going to behave on 100 different setups without having access to each one? It can’t happen and never will with the current system we have nowadays.
Unless we were forced to just use one piece of hardware and have no access to anything that would upset that system, then maybe you could have a less buggy system. But, again within those parameters, it’s still impossible to be perfect because even within those limits. Each one of those machines will have minors differences in them. So long story short your answer as to why they would release something that’s not ready 100%. Because if they waited for that to happen we never would get it. Just my humble opinion.
why not until this time NEXT year?
The version you purchase does not necessarily dictate that is the final copy of that version you receive.

PG Music have always released patches as further issues are resolved. You would generally always be able to update to the latest available patch for that version. I'm not aware of any situation where that was not possible.
I've asked myself the same, BeatMaster. The addition of the 64 bit version had me just about to pull the trigger. Then I read here about the many problems it's having, including one fatal to my preferred workflow (the 64 bit version isn't allowing the import of audio, according to another post.) To buy now is a gamble that it will get fixed after I pay. I know PG Music is very conscientious about evetually taking care of bugs, but that's no guarantee they'll fix this one in good time.
Originally Posted By: toucher
They should extend until the bugs are out of the program. Why put a program on the market that is not ready to function and create all the frustration, which kills the excitement level for the end user. Just sayin'
Your 40% off price i think is a nice way of rewarding the eager early birds helping PG to iron out them overseen bed bugs LoL.
Originally Posted By: fiddler2007
Originally Posted By: toucher
They should extend until the bugs are out of the program. Why put a program on the market that is not ready to function and create all the frustration, which kills the excitement level for the end user. Just sayin'
Your 40% off price i think is a nice way of rewarding the eager early birds helping PG to iron out them overseen bed bugs LoL.

I didn't read anywhere that the discount is a trade-off for the product not working as advertised. Most of us are used to getting discounts such as Black Friday but usually the products are mostly working.
I didn't read anywhere that the discount is a trade-off for the product not working as advertised. Most of us are used to getting discounts such as Black Friday but usually the products are mostly working.

Agree but it is some consolation, Some users who post in defence of the program including the bugs, receive a free copy of Biab, round about January for most posts/Beta testing etc.

Then there are the ones who put there hands in there pockets, to buy with hard earned cash.

You need to look after all your customers as a business Yea ?.
It is very simple folks, don't buy it & wait until next year, or buy it and enjoy the x32 until x64 is working the way you need it to. PG has NEVER let me down, and I have been using since the floppy disk days (remember those?)

Also, I have NEVER heard of this...

"Some users who post in defence of the program including the bugs, receive a free copy of Biab, round about January for most posts/Beta testing etc."

Do you have some proof of this?
Originally Posted By: jcspro40

Also, I have NEVER heard of this...

"Some users who post in defence of the program including the bugs, receive a free copy of Biab, round about January for most posts/Beta testing etc."

Do you have some proof of this?

He must be talking about the user showcase awards, that is the only program I know that gives out free copies of BIAB.

But that is for contributing songs to the showcase and has nothing to do with "users who post in defence of the program including the bugs", and Beta testers are excluded.

Here: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=454419#Post454419
We’ve reviewed the contributions from Jan 1 to Dec 31, 2017, and have based the results on a combination of the following criteria:

-1 great compositions/arrangements/productions
-2 use lots of Band-in-a-Box or RealBand (RealTracks or MIDI)
-3 most contributions
- 4 other contribution to the forum (songwriting tips etc.)
- 5 haven't won before (not an absolute requirement)
-

6 haven't already got a free version from beta testing etc.

Just saying ….I know they are all brilliant at helping. but I and others are paying cash so we deserve a program that works or even an explanation.

Followed by verification of work in progress !!!! Just saying !!.
© PG Music Forums