PG Music Home
Posted By: F.M.M. Good news !!!! solved - 12/11/18 11:54 PM
hi guys I got my hard drive today 2019 ultra pack really good news everything working very good and so far reason 10.2 1d working really excellent generation speed is much much better on vst plugin and also sonar platinum working the same no crashes pops crackles or distortion bandlab not so good very slow generation on biab vst plugin takes 10to15 mins sometimes I think there is something wrong with the last update I got from bandlab it happens sometimes anyway i hope this is encouraging for some of you guys eric
Posted By: Brian L Re: Good news !!!! - 12/12/18 01:57 AM
Congrats!

Mine arrived this morning. I never got an email shipping notice from PGM but I live very close to their HQ, so standard shipping is next day for me.
Posted By: gwp99 Re: Good news !!!! - 12/12/18 02:20 AM
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
...very slow generation on biab vst plugin takes 10to15 mins sometimes...

This would seem to defeat the whole purpose of having the VSTi, wouldn't it?
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Good news !!!! - 12/12/18 04:44 AM
The generation time on the plugin is the same as for the program (rendering) or RealBand, and is usually 10-30 seconds depending on how many tracks and how many bars. 10-15 minutes would be off the charts, and something that we’ve never seen, and we would need to find out more information such as what your system is doing. Offhand, the only thing I could see slowing down things to that extent would be an antivirus program or a very slow hard drive. But there is always the “actual cause” which can be something that no one figures out until it is figured out.

Anyway, for most people it is 10-30 seconds and please let us know some info on your system. Task manager info during this would help, to see if there is any CPU activity from bbw4.exe which is the helper program.
Posted By: rap429 Re: Good news !!!! - 12/12/18 08:47 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
The generation time on the plugin is the same as for the program (rendering) or RealBand, and is usually 10-30 seconds depending on how many tracks and how many bars. 10-15 minutes would be off the charts, and something that we’ve never seen, and we would need to find out more information such as what your system is doing. Offhand, the only thing I could see slowing down things to that extent would be an antivirus program or a very slow hard drive. But there is always the “actual cause” which can be something that no one figures out until it is figured out.

Anyway, for most people it is 10-30 seconds and please let us know some info on your system. Task manager info during this would help, to see if there is any CPU activity from bbw4.exe which is the helper program.

I assure you the render time is not the same. I have an I 7 with 8 gig ram 500gb SSD and with nothing else running render times are very slow compared to real band. If using multi riff function render times become in excess of 10 minutes even for an 8 bar phrase. Seems to hang on 2nd item rendered.

I am confident you will fix it but please know for sure there is an issue.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Good news !!!! - 12/12/18 09:21 AM
Well now its our computers at fault..!!!.

Unbelievable.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Good news !!!! - 12/12/18 09:29 AM
As a test - Please disable your Antivirus when rendering to see if that is the culprit, or white-list BIAB in the antivirus configuration. History has shown this to be a major slowdown in the past.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Good news !!!! solved for me - 12/12/18 10:47 AM
hey guys everything is working excellent new hard drive did the trick for me biab plugin vst works great in bandlab now the only thing I can think of when I downloaded files from pg site to my 2018 altra drive something went wrong on my end anyway I am a happy camper hang in there beapster it will get better thanks eric
Posted By: gwp99 Re: Good news !!!! - 12/12/18 11:04 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon

Anyway, for most people it is 10-30 seconds...

Does this mean that the fixing the VSTi issue is not a priority?
Posted By: rap429 Re: Good news !!!! - 12/12/18 10:50 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
As a test - Please disable your Antivirus when rendering to see if that is the culprit, or white-list BIAB in the antivirus configuration. History has shown this to be a major slowdown in the past.

So I tested this:

My machine is surface book 2 I7 with 16b 500gb ssd hard drive. Settings are on best performance.

75 measure song. one chorus 6 parts with stately blues style

VST is loaded in ableton 10 live suite with all latest updates. nothing else on any other track.

Song opened that was created in BIAB

render time for 6 tracks of song: just shy of 4 minutes

multi riff for 8 bars starting at bar 12 using track 2687 render time for all 7 riffs: 8 min 22 seconds

Same song rendered in real band: render time : Less than 30 seconds

8 bar multi riff render time: Less than 30 seconds

Tried with brand new progression created in the vst. 32 bars long 80s rock style :

results : Song rendered. Less than 30 seconds.......

8 bar multi riff all riffs: 42 seconds........

Tried to load a different song into vst created in BIAB 78 measures long. Worship style:

render time : 1 min 53 seconds

8 bar multi riff :vst crashed at 2 minutes.

Seems to work fine when progression is created in VST but when loading previously created songs vst has issues.

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?
Posted By: silvertones Re: Good news !!!! - 12/12/18 11:58 PM
This doesn't answer the question however I would think that if say you are a big Reaper user but want some tracks you'd do it with the VST and ditch the biab stuff. If you instead were a big BIAB user you'd do the song in the main version and drag and drop to the day and not ditch the biab files.
To me the VST is for non biab users. If that makes sense.
Posted By: rap429 Re: Good news !!!! - 12/13/18 12:24 AM
Originally Posted By: silvertones
This doesn't answer the question however I would think that if say you are a big Reaper user but want some tracks you'd do it with the VST and ditch the biab stuff. If you instead were a big BIAB user you'd do the song in the main version and drag and drop to the day and not ditch the biab files.
To me the VST is for non biab users. If that makes sense.

What question doesn't it answer?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Good news !!!! - 12/13/18 12:36 AM
Originally Posted By: rap429

Can anyone else confirm this behavior?

Typed in 32 bars of 80's Rock 47 sec
8 bars MultiRiff 30 sec

I loaded a demo song and set it to 32 bars 1min 17sec

both had 6 RT's
© PG Music Forums