PG Music Home
Can someone explain this to me.

When I use a 64bit DAW (Reaper) and use the new 64bit VST from BIAB, it calls in a helper program, BBW4.EXE to complete the process.

It's only a small 15.8MB program

That helper program is a 32bit program and is not 64bit. Seems like an unnecessary step backwards in the 'behind the scenes' workflow.

I verified this using both Task Manger and a 2nd program, Process Lasso. Both show the process as 32bit and not 64bit.

With all the touting, fanfare, bells and whistles that their marketing team put out this release, why couldn't they have made this a full 100% 64bit process.

I upgraded simply because that is what I do each year, but to read from PG MUSIC that the process is now 64bit is a bit misleading. The VST process is not entirely 100% 64bit as it calls in a 32bit executable helper program in the background to complete the process.

Again, just an observation as the process so far seems to work for me. My only other disappointment is that Adobe Audition does not recognize the VST, but that could be because Adobe Audition got rid of MIDI years ago. That's why I am using Reaper now.

I would like to see them make BBW4.EXE a 64bit background process also in the future.
Yes it's 32 bit I think they were going to have a 32 bit plugin that would use it also, but they will make a 64 bit bbw4.exe soon as well as a VSTi and VSTfx for audio only apps like Audition that I have and use also.
There's no vst sync playback or audio sent from the plugin so you may as well use this with Audition https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=509307#Post509307
© PG Music Forums