PG Music Home
Posted By: jimlucas Build Song List - 12/12/18 07:44 PM
I just purchase the megapak BIAB 2019.

I've never used the Songlist and want to use it.

My D:\bb\songs folder is empty. in the Songpicker bottom left window, it says,

"There are no songs in the list. Press the "Build" button to build a list for this folder, or press the "Change" button for a different folder"

But there is no "Build" button that I can see. There is a "Rebuild" button but when I click it, that returns the message "OK to rebuild the song list for the folder D:\bb\Songs\? When I click "Rebuild" I get "D:\bb\Songs\" has no Band in a Box songs (SGU,MGU). List will be empty.

Many thanks in advance for assistance.
Posted By: airtcon-161 Re: Build Song List - 12/12/18 10:26 PM
I have the same issue, my question is where do these songs come from.? Are these supposed to be songs we have created ourselves?? I have seen some report on this forum they have as many as 35000 to 50000 songs > Is this really possible?? I hope someone here can clarify this situation as there seems to be very little information on what the song picker is and how it is used.

Cheers

Nelson
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Build Song List - 12/12/18 10:47 PM
Originally Posted By: airtcon-161
I have the same issue, my question is where do these songs come from.? Are these supposed to be songs we have created ourselves?? I have seen some report on this forum they have as many as 35000 to 50000 songs > Is this really possible?? I hope someone here can clarify this situation as there seems to be very little information on what the song picker is and how it is used.

Cheers

Nelson

For me, just another BIAB rabbit hole I steer clear of! But with all the talk I checked it out for the first time since I first bought BIAB in 2012. It took a long time to generate a list for roughly 100 songs and this is BIAB 2018.

Once the list was generated I can see it has some nice information and you can click on the headers to sort but...I clicked a header marked "T" and got an error "An exception error has occurred. You can continue to use the program, but should likely save your work and reboot program. List index out of bounds (-1)."

Tried again and this time I noticed a glaring omission...the ability to sort by date. This is my most common sorting parameter when working with files.

So, I have climbed back out of that rabbit hole and will not go there again. Just another in a long list of features I steer clear of. I can manage songs just fine in Windows.
Posted By: airtcon-161 Re: Build Song List - 12/13/18 02:46 AM
John are these songs you put together in BIAB or are they someone elses and where did they come from???

Cheers Nelson
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Build Song List - 12/13/18 03:14 AM
John are these songs you put together in BIAB or are they someone elses and where did they come from???

Cheers Nelson

Nelson, these are my songs I have created in BIAB. But you could change the default folder to point to a folder full of songs that come with BIAB I guess.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Build Song List - 12/13/18 07:09 PM

Cheers Nelson

Nelson, back in the day it was not unusual for literally 1000's of BIAB song files to be readily available for download on the web. Some of the source sites were legendary. Now a days, not so much. PM me if you need more information.
Posted By: jimlucas Re: Build Song List - 12/13/18 09:46 PM
The posts above have been very helpful. Thanks for your help.
© PG Music Forums