PG Music Home
Posted By: DebMurphy Build 606 - 12/14/18 08:20 AM
I was really hoping but build 606 did not fix my desktop audio (static) problems with BIAB 64. 32 works great.

I did not get a chance to try the laptop - it has been doing a windows update for 2 days now.

Thanks all!!!

...Deb
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Build 606 - 12/14/18 08:46 AM
Originally Posted By: DSM
.... I did not get a chance to try the laptop - it has been doing a windows update for 2 days now. ...Deb

There ye' go. Guess it's time to backup all your data. Windows 10? You really need to tune that beast IMO to defend it from Microsofts unwanted intrusions. There are tons of tools and settings to do that with.

I'd say do a fresh install, and stick with 1803 (Fall Creators) pro or LTSB (no Edge, no Cortana, hurray). You could try rolling back your current windows update process, maybe use windows' system restore. Or reinstall an older image backup if you made one. Sometimes i was saved by the free Tweaking.com's Windows Repair AIO tool, for me a must have. It might be able to fix that update problem.

Don't use windows update as it could force the newest version to be installed; it's full of problems with audio and video it seems.

I switch Windows Update off with a 3rd party tool called Windows Update switch or something, as switching it off in services is not enough. I have a subscribed version of 360 Total Security, which shows the important security updates needed, and lets you download only those, and install only according YOUR instructions. Luck, -F
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Build 606 - 12/14/18 08:52 AM
Originally Posted By: DSM
...I did not get a chance to try the laptop - it has been doing a windows update for 2 days now.

Deb, a 2 days Windows update tells me there is a more serious issue. Windows updates take minutes to implement (not including download time).
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Build 606 - 12/14/18 08:25 PM
Sometimes cumulative Windows updates have a couple of bundled packages that would create error / would not install properly.
I had this happen about a dozen times or so on different computers (never ending "update" process). The way I dealt with it, I uninstalled the last update package and run "windows updater" again. 90% of times, it solved the issue.
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: Build 606 - 12/15/18 07:38 AM
Actually, the windows install went fine. It went on for another 8 hours.

I'm still hoping to get BIAB 64 going on both machines.

...Deb
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: Build 606 - 12/15/18 07:57 AM
OK, off topic. On November 24 my brother-in-law went missing. My sister is devastated. Ron walked out of the house and never returned. I was dealing with that while I let windows update run. Hence no problem with windows/or the laptop. I got bigger problems.

...Deb
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: Build 606 - 12/15/18 10:21 AM
Just checked both machines and BIAB 64 has not changed.

...Deb
© PG Music Forums