PG Music Home
1. Launch BIAB -> Choose any chord progressions & style > Record Some Audio.
2. Press play. Your audio track should sound in sync with the backing track provided by BIAB.
3. Press Audio Edit icon while BIAB is playing > your audio track disappears and then goes out of sync.

Same problem no matter if using MME, ASIO or WAS.

BIAB 2019 32/64 bits, last update.
With BIAB stopped, Open the Audio Editor. You should be see your audio track and can see if the first bar and the audio are synced. If they are not. set your cursor to the beginning of where the recorded audio should begin at bar 1. Right click and select Mark this point as Bar One. Start Play and the audio and backing tracks should be synced. If they aren't, reselect the starting point again. If they audio and backing track are synced, Right Click and select Permanently apply Bar 1 offset to track. This is the process to sync imported audio and it may be the lead in bars are causing sync problems when you are recording. Hope it helps.
Thanks for your answer. Yes, the problem is easily fixed clicking here and there, I just posted it here to see if someone could replicate it, it sounds like a small bug.

Do you experience the same issue?
Not exactly like what you've experienced. I have not experienced your #3 at all.

I have had issues with forgetting to turn off the ACW once I've set my bar lines and analyzed the chords and closed the Audio Edit Window. Additional editing in the Chord Chart will initiate changes in the ACW. On my system, the ACW stays active even after I close the Audio Edit Window. I don't think it's a bug but designed that way so the Audio Edit Window and Chord Chart can be open and active at the same time as the demo video shows.

My workflow is to open/import audio using the older ACW. I open a BIAB session and click the ACW Button from the Main Screen and load the audio file I want to work with. In the old ACW, I set Bar 1 (F6) and play enough of the song to get a close average tempo. Normally 3-4 bars is sufficient. Then I send the song to BIAB. I have the older ACW set to automatically mute the Style so when the old ACW exits and closes and I return to the BIAB Main screen, the audio is synced to Bar 1 correctly, the key signature is set, the Style is muted and a close average tempo is set. I ignore the chords it generates.

I open the new ACW in the Audio Edit Window and accurately set my bar lines and analyze the Chords.

© PG Music Forums