PG Music Home
This is a compact version for 768 resolution:

Biab Chord Picker Tool (x64)(x86) Compact 2.2.1 setup.exe

This is beautiful... very impressive...
How does it work with BiaB..?
What is the advantage of using this compared to not..?
Is there a way to sample the chord variations..?
Any documentation..?
Originally Posted By: bloc-head
This is beautiful... very impressive... Yes
How does it work with BiaB..? It send keystrokes to Biab/VST
What is the advantage of using this compared to not..? If you love typing, retyping chords to add pushes, holds or exempt instruments and can remember all of Biab chords don't use it
Is there a way to sample the chord variations..? Just the preview sound of the chord on button click
Any documentation..? Yes click the link below
Originally Posted By: Pipeline
This is a compact version for 768 resolution:

Biab Chord Picker Tool (x64)(x86) Compact 2.2 setup.exe

I LOVE YOU, Pipeline!

Why didn't you PM about this immediately?!?! grin

Editing to add: Should I uninstall the other version first? (I'm always a bit hesitant to uninstall stuff as I've had experiences in the past where it leaves all sort random files and stuff that can end up clashing with later updated versions and give me error messages).

Thanks again!
You can uninstall the old one first but it shouldn't matter as it will just overwrite the files and leave the current settings.ini that may have your custom action buttons you have set up.
You can uninstall the old one first but it shouldn't matter as it will just overwrite the files and leave the current settings.ini that may have your custom action buttons you have set up.

Hey Pipeline,

Hate to be a PITA here, but the app won't launch :-(

When I try launch at the prompt upon installing, I get the message in the screenshot, and when I try to launch it by running the exe. (as admin, ofc) nothing at all happens.

B.T.W. Please do not concern yourself with this during the holidays, I'm just leaving this here for whenever is convenient for you at a later time.

Happy Holidays! grin

Attached picture Chord Picker Tool.JPG
Not sure what's happening there maybe the antvirus is stopping it ?, if you install AutoHotKey then look in the Program Files\Biab Chord Picker Tool\ you will see Biab Chord Picker 2.2.ahk just run that.

EDIT: you may need to add an exception in the AV for it.
Quote:
When I install the program I get a "CreateProcess failed; code 2." error

This error can occur if you have anti-virus software installed and the anti-virus software is incorrectly reporting that one of the files installed contains a virus. Unfortunately anti-virus software often gives "false positives", i.e. wrongly concludes a file contains a virus. Our software does not contain viruses:
Try this one it has a different app id for the compact version.
Try this one it has a different app id for the compact version.

Tried this one and got a similar message (see screenshot) :-(

I really appreciate your efforts Pipeline, and I'm starting to feel guilty for being such a pain.

Do you think that if I hook up the second monitor to disable it the regular app would work then, or is it an issue with my laptop's screen's native resolution/aspect ratio? (I hope I got the terminology at least mostly right whistle )

Thanks again!

Attached picture 2.2.1.JPG
Try just running the ahk after you have installed AutoHotKeys or uninstall it first then install it in a different location C:\Program Files\Biab Chord Picker Tool 2.2.1

Attached File
Run-AHK-Script.gif  (65 downloads)
This one will install in a different location, Windows had a problem with the other as it was installed in the same location and the file was changed it had a security issue.

Download this again and it will now install in a new location with a new name.

Attached picture BBCPTC-Install-Location.png
This one will install in a different location, Windows had a problem with the other as it was installed in the same location and the file was changed it had a security issue.

Download this again and it will now install in a new location with a new name.

Tried and got the same error message :-(

I'm gonna try doing that autohotkey thing you mentioned and see if that works.

Thank you for your patience!
Yay, AutoHotKey was the key, and everything fits PERFECTLY within the display!!!

However, we're not quite out of the woods yet. The CPT will not communicate with BiaB. :-(

That is, in the regular (non-compact) version, it just launched, I pressed on some chords and they immediately appeared in BiaB, and now the BiaB window just "blinks."

Thanks again!
Never mind,

I restarted the app running AHK as admin, and it works!!!

Bless you Pipeline :-)
© PG Music Forums