PG Music Home
Posted By: rap429 No sound from any vst 64 bit - 12/26/18 02:27 AM
after updating to build 609 i no longer can hear anything from a vst in 64 bit version. does not matter if default synth or try to input directly on track. have tried several vst. all work outside biab. tried to reset to factory settings in case I did something I was unaware of but no luck. any suggestions?

(i can get the vstsynthfont64 to work but nothing else, halion, sample tank, kontakt. Midi is getting to the vat but no sound is coming back)
Posted By: Noel96 Re: No sound from any vst 64 bit - 12/26/18 03:46 AM
rap,

What audio driver is the BIAB program using? The setting is found under "Audio | Audio Drivers/Settings".

If BIAB is using WAS or ASIO try changing to MME and see if that makes a difference.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: rap429 Re: No sound from any vst 64 bit - 12/26/18 10:06 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
rap,

What audio driver is the BIAB program using? The setting is found under "Audio | Audio Drivers/Settings".

If BIAB is using WAS or ASIO try changing to MME and see if that makes a difference.

Regards,
Noel

I have tried all 3. Seems to be defaulting to WAS on start up
Posted By: Noel96 Re: No sound from any vst 64 bit - 12/26/18 10:47 AM
I suspect that the WAS driver could be stopping playback. I'm not sure of this but it's worth testing because some people have had issues with WAS.

If BIAB is defaulting to WAS when you start the program even though you changed it to MME or ASIO, it sounds like you might not be running the program in "Run as administrator" mode. This is different from logging in into Windows as Administrator.

To set "Run as administrator", right-click on the startup shortcut, select properties and activate 'Run as administrator' that's found under the Compatibility tab.

Does this make a difference?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: rap429 Re: No sound from any vst 64 bit - 12/26/18 10:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
I suspect that the WAS driver could be stopping playback. I'm not sure of this but it's worth testing because some people have had issues with WAS.

If BIAB is defaulting to WAS when you start the program even though you changed it to MME or ASIO, it sounds like you might not be running the program in "Run as administrator" mode. This is different from logging in into Windows as Administrator.

To set "Run as administrator", right-click on the startup shortcut, select properties and activate 'Run as administrator' that's found under the Compatibility tab.

Does this make a difference?

Regards,
Noel

this does not make any difference. i do hear real tracks just fine. nothing midi.except from vstsynthfont64. all vst work fine in any other program
Posted By: Pipeline Re: No sound from any vst 64 bit - 12/26/18 11:04 AM
I lost audio and sync in VSTi with 609
Posted By: rap429 Re: No sound from any vst 64 bit - 12/26/18 04:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline

Are your saying no sound from midi in the 64 bit version of biab or no sound from the biab vst?
Posted By: rodipoet Re: No sound from any vst 64 bit - 12/26/18 04:10 PM
Same problem here: TTs-1 and vstsynthfont64 are working but Halion stopped in build 609
Posted By: rap429 Re: No sound from any vst 64 bit - 12/27/18 12:49 AM
This is a universal problem with build 609. I tried to get confirmation from PG but was not able to get tech support in time. I only know it is universal because I was using 64 bit vsti on 608 and it worked fine but was gone in 609. Same issue as you. Could see the the data triggering the vst but no sound. Tonight I reverted back 608 and sound is back.

I have to say that as a user of BIAB for about 6 years I have full confidence in the company resolving these issues. They always have in my experience. It is an incredible product that has no equal.

What bothers me, as someone who has used the forum as a reference and not really been a participant(bad on my part), is the attitude given by some long term members. While I appreciate the help and your undying support for the product some may want to consider that using a condescending attitude when someone is trying to point out or solve a legitimate problem is not healthy for the users of the product. Yes, it may be user error but why immediately jump to that conclusion?

As the new 64 bit version grows, especially the vst, I believe there are going to be droves of new users that will be able to provide great content and inspiration on the use of BIAB in many ways I have not even thought of. The last thing I would want is these people to be ran off due to a lack of objectivity or an instant rebuttal of "your doing it wrong!"

To all that have responded to my questions and taken time to try and assist I thank you.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: No sound from any vst 64 bit - 12/27/18 01:07 AM
I haven’t played with VSTis in BiaB so I can’t comment, however I don’t think all the problems are user error. I think that some is but the rest is bugs, and program issues. Let’s face it there are thousands of computers with all different configurations, and all different drivers, and all different systems and system needs. So making stuff like this is complicated. Still I believe they will sort it out, until then it is hard to wait and try to get things right.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: No sound from any vst 64 bit - 12/27/18 02:55 AM
Originally Posted By: rap429
Originally Posted By: Pipeline

Are your saying no sound from midi in the 64 bit version of biab or no sound from the biab vst?

Virtual Instruments that need sync like EZDrummer 2 have no audio or sync.
I think when they fixed the crackling audio problem it stopped the audio in the virtual instruments.
Posted By: A_R Re: No sound from any vst 64 bit - 12/27/18 03:04 AM
Originally Posted By: RobH
I haven’t played with VSTis in BiaB so I can’t comment, however I don’t think all the problems are user error
You're right, It's not user error, I can open Presonus Studio One, load a midi file, drag several VSTi plugins onto different tracks, assign midi channels, load patches, and be playing a song in under a minute, and do it all day long if I want with no errors, crashes, sluggishness, or abnormal behavior, with BIAB 2019 I can waste an entire afternoon hoping to find some magic combination and sequence of events to get it to work and just end up frustrated after each try, so I just end up using the Sforzando VSTi while in BIAB and export the midi to my DAW where I can using all my VSTis just I was doing with the previous 32 bit versions
Posted By: MarioD Re: No sound from any vst 64 bit - 12/27/18 12:26 PM
Originally Posted By: A_R
Originally Posted By: RobH
I haven’t played with VSTis in BiaB so I can’t comment, however I don’t think all the problems are user error
You're right, It's not user error, I can open Presonus Studio One, load a midi file, drag several VSTi plugins onto different tracks, assign midi channels, load patches, and be playing a song in under a minute, and do it all day long if I want with no errors, crashes, sluggishness, or abnormal behavior, with BIAB 2019 I can waste an entire afternoon hoping to find some magic combination and sequence of events to get it to work and just end up frustrated after each try, so I just end up using the Sforzando VSTi while in BIAB and export the midi to my DAW where I can using all my VSTis just I was doing with the previous 32 bit versions

Ditto!

Like you I can also use Studio One without a single problem. IMHO the BiaB VSTi is a half baked product that never should have been exposed to the public. I try to use the VSTi after every update but thus far no success. However for my workflow if I can not assign a sound source in a Studio One track and have the BiaB VSTi access it like every other VSTi can then the BiaB VSTi is useless to me.

The VSTi is great if you are a RT user but not so great for the MIDI side.

YMMV
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: No sound from any vst 64 bit - 12/27/18 02:58 PM
Rap429,
Yes, that issue affects a few VSTi that use multiple channels, such as SampleTank 64. It will be fixed in next patch build, available by Monday.
Posted By: darryla Re: No sound from any vst 64 bit - 12/27/18 03:10 PM
Is it possible to go back to an earlier version of BB if 609 has already been installed?
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: No sound from any vst 64 bit - 12/27/18 03:32 PM
Darryla,
Yes, just run the 608 installer from the support page.
Posted By: jford Re: No sound from any vst 64 bit - 12/27/18 03:32 PM
You can just re-install build 608 over the 609 update, then apply the 610 update when it comes out.
Posted By: darryla Re: No sound from any vst 64 bit - 12/27/18 03:39 PM
Thx John
© PG Music Forums