PG Music Home
I searched to see if this had been reported before and did not find it...

When I double-click a RealTrack in the RT selection screen (in order to audition it - I tried several), I get:

OLE error C00D0FEB.

The audition works fine in the 32-bit version.

Suggestions?

BIAB 2019 - Windows 7
never seen it ... loaded a Spanish style?
Floyd,
I haven't seen that error.
Which build number of 2019?
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Floyd,
I haven't seen that error.
Which build number of 2019?

Audio is set to MME
Hi floyd,

I have Win 7 and build #610 installed. The double-click in RT Picker using BIAB64 worked for me.

In case it's useful information, this was the first thing I tried after starting BIAB this morning. I've noticed that sometimes problems arise after an application has been used for a while. I'll keep this in mind as I work on my latest song today and come back a check throughout the day.

Happy New Year!
Noel
OLE errors have to do with windows, run CMD as administrator, then SFC.exe, preferably in safe mode ....
OLE is an abbreviation for Object Linking and Embedding. Many programs can use OLE, similar to COM (Component Object Model) and more recently ActiveX controls to communicate.

COM is not necessarily directly connected to Windows, but can be.
So, I guess no one else is experiencing this problem...??

Upgraded to 610 - no change.

It affects all auditioning in the 64-bit version. I cannot audition RealTracks (in RT picker) or RealDrums (in RD picker) or Styles (in Style Picker).

It is NOT a problem in the 32-bit version. Would they be using different system components to play (audition) those thing in the 32-bit BIAB vs. the 64-bit BIAB???
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
So, I guess no one else is experiencing this problem...??

Upgraded to 610 - no change.

It affects all auditioning in the 64-bit version. I cannot audition RealTracks (in RT picker) or RealDrums (in RD picker) or Styles (in Style Picker).

It is NOT a problem in the 32-bit version. Would they be using different system components to play (audition) those thing in the 32-bit BIAB vs. the 64-bit BIAB???

FJ, I have no similar issue with BB64 V308. All "auditions" with a double click or hitting the play button.

BTW, When I started BB64 v308 I first R-clicked on icon and hit "run as administrator".
I am bumping this in hopes of ideas to resolve it?
Or someone from development chiming in?

Upgraded to 611 - no change.

It affects all auditioning in the 64-bit version.
I cannot audition RealTracks (in RT picker) or RealDrums (in RD picker) or Styles (in Style Picker).

It is NOT a problem in the 32-bit version.
Would they be using different system components to play (audition) those things in the 32-bit BIAB vs. the 64-bit BIAB???

Without a fix to this, I simply cannot use the 64-bit version (not that I ever cared about that... but, still...)
FJ, I tried all three and my audition is flawless. Try updating the build 611
Originally Posted By: RobH
FJ, I tried all three and my audition is flawless. Try updating the build 611

I mentioned in the above post that I had upgraded to 611...
dang I hope a solution comes soon
OLE refers to Object Linking and Embedding, which is part of Windows that allows applications to send files to each other. We use OLE to play RealTrack and Style audio demos through Media Player.

Floyd, do you have Media Player installed, and if so, is it working and able to play audio? If Media Player is missing or somehow broken, that might explain the error.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Originally Posted By: Kent - PG Music
OLE refers to Object Linking and Embedding, which is part of Windows that allows applications to send files to each other. We use OLE to play RealTrack and Style audio demos through Media Player.

Floyd, do you have Media Player installed, and if so, is it working and able to play audio? If Media Player is missing or somehow broken, that might explain the error.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music

Media Player is installed - and works.

Does it make sense that the audition functions work in the 32-bit program, but do not in the 64-bit program? Do they use different functions?
Very annoying when an error like this persists.

I think if it was me and I couldn't get to the root of the problem, I would make sure that I had a drive image of the OS, with Acronis or Macrium Reflect, then download an ISO of windows burn to DVD, and try a reinstall over itself, to see if that may help. Using the option to keep existing programs and files.
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Very annoying when an error like this persists.

I think if it was me and I couldn't get to the root of the problem, I would make sure that I had a drive image of the OS, with Acronis or Macrium Reflect, then download an ISO of windows burn to DVD, and try a reinstall over itself, to see if that may help. Using the option to keep existing programs and files.

I appreciate the suggestion. However... considering this is the only program that seems to have this problem, that solution seems like a whole bunch of work - like rebuilding the whole car because the window crank is broken... and since I don't normally drive with the window down.........
Floyd " driving with the windows down" sounds like song number 126 to me. Anyway the audition works great here. there has got to be some small reason for this on your end. what drivers are you using? is anything else open that requires sound card usage?

When using the VSTi plugin I could not get audition to work in Studio one, it worked in reaper and Cakewalk and it turned out to be a audio sharing option. what about wave players, sound card options etc anything that might block sharing?
Originally Posted By: RobH
Floyd " driving with the windows down" sounds like song number 126 to me. Anyway the audition works great here. there has got to be some small reason for this on your end. what drivers are you using? is anything else open that requires sound card usage?

When using the VSTi plugin I could not get audition to work in Studio one, it worked in reaper and Cakewalk and it turned out to be a audio sharing option. what about wave players, sound card options etc anything that might block sharing?

A good suggestion, Rob. I usually have Studio One open... I closed it (and everything else). Still get the error.
floyd,

Out of curiosity, have you tried "Options | Reset to factory settings"? I find that this is often a useful tool when BIAB stops doing things that it used to.

Another thought...

The "Band (on dbl click)" option in RT Picker allows doubleclick to select the solo RT (if the option is de-selected) and the RT with a band (if the option is selected). I know that you are aware of this.

What I've sometimes found is that it is occasionally useful to give some settings a bit of a nudge. For example, what I'd do if this was happening to me would be...

1. If the 'Band(on dbl click)' is active, de-select it -- or vice versa

2. exit RT picker

3. exit BIAB (so that preference files are update with new choice)

4. restart BIAB

5. go back into RT picker and return the Band (on dbl click) setting to its original setting

Regards,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Noel96
floyd,

Out of curiosity, have you tried "Options | Reset to factor settings"? I find that this is often a useful tool when BIAB stops doing things that it used to.

Another thought...

The "Band (on dbl click)" option in RT Picker allows doubleclick to select the solo RT (if the option is de-selected) and the RT with a band (if the option is selected). I know that you are aware of this.

What I've sometimes found is that it is occasionally useful to give some settings a bit of a nudge. For example, what I'd do if this was happening to me would be...

1. If the 'Band(on dbl click)' is active, de-select it -- or vice versa

2. exit RT picker

3. exit BIAB (so that preference files are update with new choice)

4. restart BIAB

5. go back into RT picker and return the Band (on dbl click) setting to its original setting

Regards,
Noel

I have not tried Return To Factory Settings.
I did try the rest of what you suggested - without any change.

I also get the error if I press the Play or Stop button in the RT picker...
floyd,

I'm still puzzling over this problem... it's intriguing.

Apologies if you have already answered this. I scanned through the above and didn't see the answer to my below question (but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's not written up there somewhere).

Although auditioning via doubleclicking doesn't work, do the green audition arrows work properly? This might give some clue to the nature of the programming that's invoking WMP.

Regards,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Noel96
floyd,

I'm still puzzling over this problem... it's intriguing.

Apologies if you have already answered this. I scanned through the above and didn't see the answer to my below question (but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's not written up there somewhere).

Although auditioning via doubleclicking doesn't work, do the green audition arrows work properly? This might give some clue to the nature of the programming that's invoking WMP.

Regards,
Noel

No. They throw the same error.

Attached picture Error2019BIAB.JPG
floyd,

I imagine that PG Music developers have already seen this. Just in case they have not, though, I've posted a link to this thread in the beta-testing-of-updates forum so that the programmers will definitely see it.

Regards,
Noel
Thanks, Noel.

I did send an email (from inside the program) the first time it happened - and received the boilerplate email saying it was received on their end.

Since then, I have been unable to send that email (from the error screen) - the program hangs and I must manually close it (using the Task Manager).

Since no one else seems to be experiencing this, it must be something specific to my machine. Even so, I still have to wonder why it only happens in BIAB (no other programs) and ONLY in the 64-bit program????

I've search the internet for anything relating to the OLE error without finding anything (other than those type of links that look like a VERY bad idea to click on - mostly in Russian or Chinese).
Sometimes for me, but not all, the good ole faithful Return to Factory settings has solved a lot of things.

© PG Music Forums