PG Music Home
Posted By: DrDan Can't save song with VST - 01/05/19 12:03 PM
Any one see this error yet in BIAB64 V608?
I placed a piano VST on two tracks and it will not allow me to save the song with the VST's.

Tried with BIAB 64 V610 and the BIAB froze and had to CNTR-Alt-Del to close program.

Didn't like what V610 did so I install V609 - it does the same as V608.

So can anyone put a VST on a single track and not get this error message?

Attached picture Capture.PNG
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can't save song with VST - 01/05/19 09:05 PM
Wow, no response at all. crazy I can only imagine folks have given up on these features acknowledging that things are broke and we have to wait for patches to come. sleep

Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Can't save song with VST - 01/05/19 09:14 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Wow, no response at all. crazy I can only imagine folks have given up on these features acknowledging that things are broke and we have to wait for patches to come. sleep

+1 for giving up...
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Can't save song with VST - 01/05/19 09:33 PM
I have not given up, I am still working on getting sampletank and others to work.

Just being patient so I do not go off on one. L.O.L.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can't save song with VST - 01/05/19 11:31 PM
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Just being patient so I do not go off on one. L.O.L.

Ya, I feel that is the same boat many of us are in. In my case, I have a reputation to maintain here. Don't want to be that guy who goes crazy and flames out in the forum over these current issues. But where are the patches? cry
Posted By: jannesan Re: Can't save song with VST - 01/06/19 05:25 AM
I have had this problem in earlier BIAB releases (at least in 2017)with certain VST Instruments, for example, Action Strikes. I can confirm that this happens also with BIAB 64 v610. The file is saved, but not with my VST selection.

Janne
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can't save song with VST - 01/06/19 11:49 AM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
I have had this problem in earlier BIAB releases (at least in 2017)with certain VST Instruments, for example, Action Strikes. I can confirm that this happens also with BIAB 64 v610. The file is saved, but not with my VST selection.

Janne

Thanks for the confirmation. You bring up a good point. I also was aware that past versions of BIAB did not handle VSTs very reliably. I long ago stopped even trying and moved quickly to my DAW for these. However, with BIAB2019 64bit I was assuming (hoping for) better behavior.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can't save song with VST - 01/06/19 08:25 PM
Dan,

Does having just a single instance of the VST loaded make any difference?

(I don't know too much about VSTs and BIAB because I rarely use VSTs in the program. Like you mentioned, I also take files to my DAW and use VSTs there.)

I do know that not all VSTs are equal. Some work better than others. This is also true of other programs that use VSTs (such as DAWs). I've occasionally had Reaper lockup because it had an argument with a particular plugin.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Blake - PG Music Re: Can't save song with VST - 01/07/19 03:08 PM
Sorry about this! This will be fixed immediately.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Can't save song with VST - 01/07/19 06:34 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent

Thanks for the confirmation. You bring up a good point. I also was aware that past versions of BIAB did not handle VSTs very reliably. I long ago stopped even trying and moved quickly to my DAW for these. However, with BIAB2019 64bit I was assuming (hoping for) better behavior.

Hi Dan,

I just finally had some time to play with the 64 bit BiaB. I loaded a style and added 5 different Kontakt programs, one for each track. The song generated with no problems. I then restarted my machine and the VSTis loaded with the song. So I powered down my computer, came back 10 minutes later, loaded the song and again the VSTis were loaded with the song. So at least with Kontakt all is working well here. I will try it with other VSTis later.
Posted By: Blake - PG Music Re: Can't save song with VST - 01/07/19 06:57 PM
There is a pre-release update patch available that fixes this bug:
https://nn.pgmusic.com/pgfiles/support/patches/bb2019_update_build612.exe
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can't save song with VST - 01/07/19 11:00 PM
Well that was fast.... but frown

I installed V611 and it did not save the EightyEight V2 VST .
Then I installed the V612 pre-release above and it still did not save. At least it did not crash. grin

So I thought maybe this piano VST is a problem so lets try another VST on the piano track. Picked VSTSynthFont64. When I hit play all midi on all tracks went silent. cry
Posted By: Blake - PG Music Re: Can't save song with VST - 01/08/19 03:52 PM
I could not reproduce any problems with loading or saving songs that included the EightyEight 2 VST (using build 612). Could you try loading one of these example files? The VST should be on the Piano track. Note that I am using the demo version of the VST, but it should work.

32 bit version:
EightyEight example 32 bit

64 bit version:
EightyEight example 64 bit
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can't save song with VST - 01/08/19 03:57 PM
Will do first thing tonight. That's for the special attention to this one.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can't save song with VST - 01/11/19 11:16 PM
OK, I am home now. Been on the road with the day job.

I loaded your 64bit into my BIAB64 v612 and low and behold the Eighteight v2 VST was there just as you apparently saved it.

So I closed, opened my .sgu file, installed the Eighteight v2 VST, played it, saved it, closed BIAB, Opened BIAB, opened my .sgu song again and the VST was not there. It did not save it.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can't save song with VST - 01/11/19 11:25 PM
I did a little hunting on this. Turns out my Piano Midi track is a Midi Super Track (MST). I wonder if that is why mine does not work and yours does??
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can't save song with VSTi on MST - 01/12/19 12:08 AM
OK, I repeated the process, but this time used the piano VSTi with a plain yellow midi track. All worked fine this time. The piano VSTi was saved with the song file.

So the Midi piano VSTi was saved with the file when used on a plain yellow midi track but does not save when used with a blue midi super track.

No charge for finding this bug. Lets get this fixed.

OK, thanks for the update. That is definitely a bug, and will be fixed in build 614.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can't save song with VSTi on MST - 01/12/19 02:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Blake
OK, thanks for the update. That is definitely a bug, and will be fixed in build 614.

Same thing going on here:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=517167&#Post517167
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can't save song with VSTi on MST - 01/18/19 08:40 PM
Dan,

In your quote above, Blake mentions build 614. The released builds are only up to 613 at the moment.

Regards,
Noel
Quote:
This was not fixed as promised.

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean. Have you installed build 614, and the fix is not working?

Or do you not have access to the pre-release forum? 614 is still on the pre-release forum, but here is a link to the installer:
Download build 614 update patch

It should be made clear that the bug prevent Band-in-a-Box from loading and saving plugins on tracks that were previously assigned a Hi-Q patch (just in case you are trying a song file made with a previous build - unfortunately it will not contain the plugins that you tried to save).
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can't save song with VSTi on MST - 01/18/19 08:56 PM
OK, thanks for all the quick responses. Ya, I see the reference to V614, opps, I thought this weeks release of v613 was going to have this fix.. my bad. I didn't have access to v614. I do now. Give me a few minutes and perhaps I can get the record straight....
Posted By: DrDan Re: Can't save song with VST SOLVED - 01/18/19 09:07 PM
OK, that fixed the problem. Thank you very much.

As Rosann Rosannadana was famous for saying....

© PG Music Forums