PG Music Home
So I just reinsta1lled every version of BiaB I had purchased, excluding the RDs and RTs because I needed space, and wanted to experiment with MIDI for a while, and when I launched the program the chord sheet was empty. Notation did appear in the stylesheet, and chord changes were playing back fine audibly, but chords do not appear, and all I get is a blinking cursor when I try to enter chords myself. I also reinstalled the chord font package from the first full purchase (2016 ultra plus or what have you which was a year after my initial purchase pf the "pro" package 2015).

I reinstalled 2019 with everything save RDs and RTs, and still no joy.

Any advice would be very much appreciated,

Thanks in advance!
That's weird.

Just to clarify, you installed BIAB/RB on a computer that already had 2018 (or 2019) installed on it? (At least, that is how I understood your previous thread.)

Some thoughts...

1. Have you set the startup shortcut to "Run as administrator" (right-click on the shortcut, select Properties, set the option under the 'Compatibility' tab)?

2. (This probably should be up the top of the list)... Under "Options | Preferences | Colors", set the Color Scheme (on the right side of the settings box to "Default".

3. Under the Options Menu, there are 'Return to factory settings'. These would be worth trying.

4. Have you installed the latest update (#611)? It's not necessary to install earlier updates as they are cumulative.

5. In \bb\Preferences, rename the files 'intrface.bbw' and 'MySetup.DK' to intrface.old and MySetup.old. This is the ultimate resetting of BIAB settings as it forces BIAB to create brand new settings files.

6. Have you checked to see if your video driver has a new update. This has been known to cause unusual behaviour occasionally.

7. Are the \bb and \Realband directories excluded from your antivirus scanner?

Hope one of these thoughts helps.

Regards,
Noel
Thanks Noel,

I tried all those and none worked...BUT, after fighting my rising sense of despair on a total lark I clicked the Chord Display dropdown menu, selected the first option, and the blank chord sheet instantly populated! How insane is that, lol?

Thanks again nonetheless :-)
I must remember that. The program needed a 'nudge' to get the display happening properly.

Thanks for passing on the solution.
OK, a bit of a negative edit. :-(

The chords do not display on the leadsheet, which, for someone who uses BiaB mostly as a practice/learning tool and spends most the time there, is huge bummer.
See second update :-(
I'm not sure about this but I think "Chords" need to be set in both Lead Sheet "Opt" (for viewing) and Lead Sheet "Print" options (for printing). Have you checked that both those settings are active?
Originally Posted By: Noel96
I'm not sure about this but I think "Chords" need to be set in both Lead Sheet "Opt" and Lead Sheet "Print" options. Have you checked that both those settings are active?

Yeah, both were checked along...

There is something, however, that may end up being a bit of a clue. You see I like to use two chord layers with the main one (Standard, in bold black) and Nashville above, which appears in a lighter gray (see first screenshot). Both of these display fine--in the chord display--now that I selected a display type.

While the leadsheet is still entirely empty, when I access the notation display (the one with the icon that looks like an 8th note) and that strip appears at the bottom of the screen where you can edit notes and what not, the top layer I referenced earlier (Nashville, in gray) does appear.

[i][/i] (see other screenshot).

I don't know why that would help, but just in case...

Oh, and one last thing. Everything is taking much longer and all the elements on my screen populate individually in slow motion each time I change screens or access a new options menu. I updated my video drivers yesterday, so I don't think it's that, but maybe there are some graphic settings I can play with?

I really, really, really, appreciate all your help!

Attached picture Chords 1.JPG
Attached picture Chords 2.JPG
© PG Music Forums