PG Music Home
I've held off posting about this in the hope that it would be fixed in Build 612 but not so. I wrote to support about it 8 days ago and followed up with further information 4 days ago but for whatever reason they have not responded to either of my emails.

Importing of music XML files no longer works correctly in the last few builds, including the current one, 612. The chords load and populate the chord sheet display but the melody is not displayed in Notation view and the lyrics are also missing. If I press the <#> button to display the Event List the notes are all listed but have all been loaded into position -1:1:000 with Velocity=0 and Duration=0. The note names are correct but all show the lowest octave. eg. instead of D5(62) it shows as D0(2) or B4(59) shows as B0(11). The lyrics don't appear to have been loaded at all. This occurs in both the 64bit and 32bit versions.

I was sure that this was working correctly when I first downloaded and installed BIAB2019 so on two of my computers I reinstalled the build that came on my USB stick (Build 604) and sure enough the same XML file loads and plays without error. When I reinstalled the later build the bug reappeared and the file fails to load as described above. On one of my computers I now have the current build (612) and also build (604) in a separate directory. Build 604 works perfectly but 612 does not so I know it's a bug rather than a fault with my computer. RealBand will load and play the file correctly.

There is no problem with BIAB exporting files as music XML files. All builds will do that with no problems and the file can be read in Musescore and Notion. However if I try to open an XML file that I created with the current build of BIAB back into BIAB I get exactly the same errors as described above.

This is not a big deal for me. I can always import the file into build 604, save it and then use it in the current build but I thought that it was an important enough issue to let PG Music know about it. I would have appreciated a simple response that either

[a]they have been unable to reproduce the problem or
[b]they will fix it in a subsequent update.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Music XML Import Not Working Properly - 01/11/19 09:39 PM
Thanks for the detailed information, Richard.
I've separately notified the developers about this issue.
© PG Music Forums