PG Music Home
Posted By: fiddler2007 Midi Supertracks and the Stylemaker ... - 01/13/19 11:11 PM
Can you assign a Midi Supertrack into an existing style track? I know how to do it for RTs, but for STs?
Not here:

Attached picture BIAB add RT to style.jpg
If you mean can you change an RT for an MST - yes, you can.
Simply right click on the RT you want to change. A drop down appears and you select the "Select Midi Super Track for this track" and you will get your list of MSTs to choose from.
AFAIK it cannot be done via the F5 key. Doing it this way works.
If you want the Style you are using to ALWAYS contain that particular change to an MST, then you will have to give the Style a New, unique Name.
HTH
Ian
You can in a song setting, but i want to exchange an RT in the Stylemaker permanently for a MST, with a new style name indeed. ... can't find right click options there (please see picture, it's from within the stylemaker for selecting RTs). thnx, F
Yes, you do it from that same menu in your screenshot, all of the SuperTracks are there. For example #2061 Strings, Rhythm PopCountry Sw 120 is one. You need to know which ones are MST though, so find/audition them in the MST Picker beforehand.
My Savior, thnx. Time for some water coloring there too?

Added info: And yes, it worked!

Now a Q: i was listening to a few styles, found _THORNS.STY, a BIAB one, and it was marked as 4/4. Memo mentioned was 12/8, and to me sounds like a slow 3/4 waltz. Loaded it in the stylemaker, and tried to set it to 3/4. Didn't seem to work; is there a way to correct this?
Originally Posted By: fiddler2007
Now a Q: i was listening to a few styles, found _THORNS.STY, a BIAB one, and it was marked as 4/4. Memo mentioned was 12/8, and to me sounds like a slow 3/4 waltz. Loaded it in the stylemaker, and tried to set it to 3/4. Didn't seem to work; is there a way to correct this?
Band-in-a-Box uses triplets in 4/4 time to simulate 12/8 time. If you want to change the song to 3/4 (Waltz) time you need to select a 3/4 style.

The Band-in-a-Box program naturally "understands" 3/4 and 4/4 time; any other time like 2/4, 6/8, etc is a simulation.

RealBand can use any time setting.
OK, thanks. So you cannot manually correct it then ...

BigBrother 'rules' rule this out musically by non musical criteria: this waltz is not a possible waltz because i calculated it ain't.

Sort of makes the stylepicker selector wothless regarding time sig when you shop for a suitable 3/4, and have to listen to all the 4/4 s too. Time for an ovehaul improving search options in regards of such an essential musical property as signature in the stylepicker?

To dive deep down in to the stylemaker to edit memos etc is too much work, and it did not seem to work either ... maybe an easy accessible column added after the 'useless' sorting of 3/4 - 4/4 only division of BIAB: Called 'sounds like' 12/8, or 9/8 etc. -F
Originally Posted By: fiddler2007
OK, thanks. So you cannot manually correct it then ...

BigBrother 'rules' rule this out musically by non musical criteria: this waltz is not a possible waltz because i calculated it ain't. snip ...

I'm not sure I understand this comment. Let your ears be your guide, not your eyes. If you choose a style that can match the "feel" you want then what is the complaint?
That i have to listen to all the wrongly labeled ones and cannot skip a lot via the column 4/4 or 3/4 ...
© PG Music Forums