PG Music Home
Feature request MIDI channel in Mixer for VSTs

This threw me, I thought maybe the VST's output on "any" (all) channels, but no, the MIDI channel for the VST output has to be set to correspond with BIAB . If it were visible on the mixer, (most mixers do this) I think this could help a lot of people.

Z
I think this is what you are looking for. But otherwise I agree. This info is not intuitive or easy to locate at times.

Attached picture Capture.PNG
Hi,

You don't need to memorize these channel numbers in newer versions. If I add a VSTi to say, my guitar track, and the VSTi is listening for note input on channel 1, I can select "Forced MIDI Channel = 1" in the plugins window, and any notes going to that track will be converted to channel 1 before hitting my synth.

Since that feature was added, the channels used by the different tracks became almost irrelevant. smile

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Kent,
I tried that using Keyscape, it did not work. The dialogue box above did. Keyscape does not work here either, it behaves weirdly, when I press chords down and make runs it cuts notes off.
Across several versions, and two PCs, I have had so many problems with VSTs that I have had to give up. I still have to run my keyboard/sounds outside of BIAB and thus cannot record.

The whole experience could be a lot easier, in other sequencers it simply works first time, you can see and set the channel easier either in the mixer or the track, it's not hidden
© PG Music Forums