PG Music Home
Posted By: DrDan Coyote Forte Dxi and BIAB 64 - 01/14/19 10:25 PM
Can I ask again. How do I make this work together?? I have given it a good college try and it continues to elude me. I was supposed to delete some file I could not find.

I have got to get some GM sounds back which I am comfortable with. Attempts with the new stuff is just no happening.
Posted By: jford Re: Coyote Forte Dxi and BIAB 64 - 01/15/19 12:43 AM
Coyote Forte DXi has not been updated yet to work in a 64-bit environment. The Coyote WT DXi has, but not the Forte. Peter did mention that there are upgrade plans fur Forte, but I've not seen anything yet.
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Coyote Forte Dxi and BIAB 64 - 01/15/19 05:10 AM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Can I ask again. How do I make this work together?? I have given it a good college try and it continues to elude me. I was supposed to delete some file I could not find.

I have got to get some GM sounds back which I am comfortable with. Attempts with the new stuff is just no happening.

It works on my system after the update (612?) ...
Posted By: jford Re: Coyote Forte Dxi and BIAB 64 - 01/15/19 08:50 AM
Quote:

Are you saying the Coyote Forte synth works in your 64-bit BIAB?
Posted By: DrDan Re: Coyote Forte Dxi and BIAB 64 - 01/15/19 08:09 PM
Originally Posted By: jford
Quote:

Are you saying the Coyote Forte synth works in your 64-bit BIAB?

Pretty confusing, ain't it John? crazy
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: Coyote Forte Dxi and BIAB 64 - 01/15/19 08:55 PM
There is Coyote GM - that is the synth the comes free with BiaB. That one works for 32 and 64 bit. The 64 bit addition was done recently, soecificall6 with build 611.

The other one is Coyote Forte DXi. That one is an add on purchase (not required) and currently is 32 bit only. We hope to make that one available for 64 bit, and are working with Coyote on that.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Coyote Forte Dxi and BIAB 64 - 01/15/19 09:17 PM
Peter you gotta watch those Coyotes they run in packs!
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Coyote Forte Dxi and BIAB 64 - 01/15/19 09:38 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon
There is Coyote GM - that is the synth the comes free with BiaB. That one works for 32 and 64 bit. The 64 bit addition was done recently, soecificall6 with build 611.

The other one is Coyote Forte DXi. That one is an add on purchase (not required) and currently is 32 bit only. We hope to make that one available for 64 bit, and are working with Coyote on that.

What's the difference between the two, in terms of sound, and features..? Thanks...
Posted By: DrDan Re: Coyote Forte Dxi and BIAB 64 - 01/15/19 09:53 PM
Originally Posted By: bloc-head
What's the difference between the two, in terms of sound, and features..? Thanks...

To my ear, the Coyote Forte Dxi is worth the price and sounds very nice. The Coyote GM is free and regarding the sounds, well you get what you pay for.

Listen for yourself. I believe both will load and play in BIAB32.
Posted By: ryclark Re: Coyote Forte Dxi and BIAB 64 - 01/16/19 10:01 AM
Both Coyote versions compared in https://www.pgmusic.com/dare-to-compare.htm
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Coyote Forte Dxi and BIAB 64 - 01/16/19 04:26 PM
Originally Posted By: ryclark
Both Coyote versions compared in https://www.pgmusic.com/dare-to-compare.htm

well, there you have it... excellent reference, Thanks.
Posted By: jford Re: Coyote Forte Dxi and BIAB 64 - 01/16/19 04:30 PM
Forte and WT load two completely different sound sets. Similar interface; very different sounds. WT is exactly the same sound you get if you just use the built in Windows GS Wavetable synth.
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Coyote Forte Dxi and BIAB 64 - 01/16/19 04:43 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Originally Posted By: bloc-head

To my ear, the Coyote Forte Dxi is worth the price and sounds very nice. The Coyote GM is free and regarding the sounds, well you get what you pay for.

Listen for yourself. I believe both will load and play in BIAB32.

Thanks Dan, and I agree, the 32 bit Forte Dxi does sound better than the Coyote-WT, based on this comparison...
https://www.pgmusic.com/dare-to-compare.htm
also to me, the 64 bit TTS-1 sounds better than the 64 bit Coyote-WT.
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Coyote Forte Dxi and BIAB 64 - 01/16/19 04:45 PM
Originally Posted By: jford
Forte and WT load two completely different sound sets. Similar interface; very different sounds. WT is exactly the same sound you get if you just use the built in Windows GS Wavetable synth.

Thanks again John...
© PG Music Forums