PG Music Home
Posted By: Westside Steve Best RealTracs for - 01/15/19 11:47 AM
Paul Simon You Can Call Me Al or Paul Simon hearts and bones? I did a search for those songs and none of the real tracks that popped up sounded even close. What do you think fellows?
WSS
Posted By: MarioD Re: Best RealTracs for - 01/15/19 12:36 PM
BiaB does not do covers at all. It does a great job of generating generic backing tracks but it will not generate specific cover backing tracks.

If you are looking for something that sounds like a cover you are best DLing a MIDI version of that song. YMMV

{edit} You might look at Note's site: http://nortonmusic.com/

He may have a BiaB style for those songs.

Posted By: Westside Steve Re: Best RealTracs for - 01/15/19 03:32 PM
Mario I never expected an exact track. I just wanted something that was similar to the Rhythm and style, that's all.
WSS
Posted By: Westside Steve Re: Best RealTracs for - 01/15/19 03:33 PM
But I will certainly check Note's site.
Thanks
WSS
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Best RealTracs for - 01/15/19 03:51 PM
Steve I what usually do is fine a solid midi of that song. Then start to replace a couple midi tracks with a RT or two to give a slightly different flavor but still retain the basic groove. This is done best in Realband, but I am sure BiaB can handle it.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Best RealTracs for - 01/15/19 07:56 PM
Originally Posted By: RobH
Steve I what usually do is fine a solid midi of that song. Then start to replace a couple midi tracks with a RT or two to give a slightly different flavor but still retain the basic groove. This is done best in Realband, but I am sure BiaB can handle it.

This is a good tip for what you're to accomplish. The best way to find the best match RealTrack is to audition Styles in the StyleMaker and select to play the Style over the current Chord Chart - this will be the chords, tempo and key signature of your current loaded song in BIAB. You may have to adjust the tempo as Styles change but that box is adjustable.

You will note that a Style can sound dramatically different playing over the current Chord Chart loaded than it sounds playing the Demo. Since RealStyles sometimes include up to 5 RealTracks, you can quickly audition a lot of RealTracks and hear how the will sound playing your song. You can audition a dozen or more RealTracks doing this in BIAB faster than you can audition a single RealTrack in RealBand. You can still move your song to RealBand but audition in BIAB StylePicker and keep track of the RealTracks you want to use in your project.

The method works the same regardless if your song is midi based or RealTrack Style and is an excellent search method when you've imported a commercial release song to cover with a good midi file. The song will have an authentic rhythm and groove faithful to the original song you're covering and you want to replace some midi tracks with RealTracks.
© PG Music Forums