PG Music Home
I originally installed ARIA Player and Sforzando for use with Garritan Jazz and Orchestra samples amd other SFZ instruments in SONAR/CbB. I haven't used either of them it for a while, and when just now firing up ARIA in a project, I get a warning that BiaB Sounds have not been activated.

I did some Googling and searching on the forum, but don't see anything about activating Hi-Q Sounds independently. BiaB itself,(now 2019 Ultrapak) is activated, but I've not previously explored choosing Hi-Q sounds explicitly; my understanding was that it would use them by default in most cases.

But when navigating to Select MIDI Instrument (Patch) for a track (piano for example) I don't have an option to 'Select Hi-Q MIDI Synth Patch' as described here:

https://www.pgmusic.com/bbw2017newfeatures2.htm

Any suggestions on how to address either or both of these issues?

Thanks,
Dave
Dave,

PG Music recommend that BIAB be run in "Run as administrator" mode to get the best out of the program. If I recall correctly, soft synths can be affected by this setting. I wonder if this is the problem.

To set "Run as administrator" (which is different from logging in into Windows as administrator), right-click on BIAB's startup shortcut, select "Properties" and, under the "Compatibility" tab, activate "Run as admin."

Now when you go to start BIAB, Windows will ask if it's ok to grant this program permission. Click on yes.

Does this help?

Regards,
Noel
I have no Biab Hi-Q sounds either with a fresh install. I have notified PGMusic tech department.
Thanks for the suggestion, Noel. No joy running as administrator, initially, but then I opened a different song file, and that one is allowing to select Hi-Q instruments (though there's no Vibes/Vibraphone patch that this song was originally using). I'm thinking the other project might not allow selecting Hi-Q instrument because it's assigned to use a VSTi. I'm rusty using BiaB so will have to poke around when I have more time.

But I still need to find away to get rid of the warning in Cakewalk by Bandlab. I won't need to use those instruments, but having to close the pop-up every time I open the synth UI is a nuisance.
Hey Dave,

You can only select the Hi-Q MIDI Instruments from the Mixer when there is a MIDI track loaded on the Mixer.

This means you need to Select a MIDI Style, or force your track to MIDI by right-clicking on a RealTrack and selecting Select RealTracks > Choose No RealTracks for this Track

Once you have a MIDI Track, you can right-click on it and go to Select MIDI Patch > Select Hi-Q MIDI Patch should now be accessible.

Also, ensure you are on the latest 2019 build, which currently is 614:

https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#614
© PG Music Forums