PG Music Home
I created a song in Biab 2019. I have the VST3 plug in (latest one) installed in Reaper. I can generate the wav files fine in the VST except that the tag ending doesn't happen. This is so frustrating. This plug in looks like it will make things so simple but this lack of tag endings is a pain. Anyone else had this?
When you say you have the "latest one" do you mean V214? This is a "beta" version which is popping its head up in several of the threads and has implemented some good fixes. But not all.

The problem which has been reported (mostly by me) is that the .sgu file you may have saved in BIAB is not fully aligned with the .sgu file which you load into the VSTi. At least that is my conclusion. As a result not all things from BIAB come over into the VSTi. This may be what you have now experienced. There is continued effort to debug the VSTi. In the mean time best we can do is adjust workflow to avoid the problems. Or maybe someone else will have better advise.

Welcome to the forum.
I will post that issue in the Pre-Release forum.
Have a look at REATRAK for REAPER you can import the chords from BB/RB (MusicXML) to Reaper's regions and/or the part markers, then in Reaper > Extensions > Region Playlist (or Arranger button in REATRAK)
With Reaper's API's sending the chords from the Biab Plugin to Reaper is possible along with tempo map and time signature changes, it would also be able to get the chords, tempo map, time signature changes from Reaper and import to the Biab Plugin.
Thanks for your advice guys. I've also mailed this to the support team.
This is the reply from the pg help team.

Hello Bernard,

You are correct that tag endings are not currently an option in the Band-in-a-Box VST DAW plugin.
We have added that as a feature request on the plugin wishlist.

Thank you,
Alyssa
PG Music Inc.
I know it's not as elegant as being able to drag your complete song into the DAW but an isolated tag ending is just another audio file. Create it separately and then drag it and line it up. If the tag is 6 tracks you'll have to line them all up but still, it's all part of music production and I'm sure this is only temporary. They're working hard on stuff like this.

Bob
© PG Music Forums