PG Music Home
Posted By: Muzic Trax Timeshift Audio - 10/28/09 06:52 PM
How many ticks/miliseconds are in 4 beats of 4/4?

Trax
Posted By: rharv Re: Timeshift Audio - 10/28/09 07:20 PM
Ticks depends on the resolution setting
RB and PT default to 120 at installation, but can go much much higher

milliseconds depends on tempo-

divide 60,000 (the number of milliseconds in a minute) by the tempo (the beats per minute) to find how many ms are in each beat
Posted By: Mac Re: Timeshift Audio - 10/28/09 10:36 PM
That 120 is in PPQ -- Parts Per Quarter (note) -- so 4 beats or a full bar of 4/4 at 120PPQ would be 120 X 4 = 480 ticks. BIAB locks at 120, but PT or RB can be set to a lot of different PPQs, best to check your menu there to find out where your set at before taking the plunge.

The mS duration is indeed dependant upon the Tempo and rharv has given you the equation for that. There are also plenty of calculators around the web for that, both online or downloadable to be used offline, too. Websearch should bring some up.

--Mac
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Timeshift Audio - 10/30/09 04:58 AM
Thanks Bob & Mac.

Biab always puts the music at -1:1:00 for some reason? Hafta shift it a whole measure here everytime. I'm getting better with the Milis though, LOL

Trax
Posted By: rharv Re: Timeshift Audio - 10/30/09 12:57 PM
Instead of shifting to change that one whole measure just cut/paste..
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: Timeshift Audio - 10/30/09 06:49 PM
Bob,

For some unknown reason, I can't scroll the wave file in order to do that. It cuts the whole enchilada and I have to timeshift it after a paste. It either puts it on -1 or the 2:1:00 marks? So, I am shifting either forward or backward.

Biab's wave edit has a mind of its own here.

It works a treat in PT/RB though.

Trax
© PG Music Forums