PG Music Home
Posted By: thomasc 2019 Where are they now? - 01/26/19 01:54 PM
Hi

This seems like popular theme on Youtube

For BIAB:
  • The PG DX plugins doesn't show up
    Possibly hiding in an ini-file in the wrong folder.
    As there to my knowledge does not seem to be any tool or settings to influence this, it surely must be handled by the installation and it does not.

• Songpicker sorting gone
    I know, a there is lot of comments already on this one.
    There is a number of new filtering options which I would say have marginal use. Why would you like to sort on a chord progression ...? It's more of a software engineer saying: hey we can do this too!
    Basically filtering is a variant of sorting. So, this should not be too difficult to fix as it's one of the first things you learn in programming. Guess it's a priority issue, fix what doesn't work and then fix the missing parts.
    Anyhow a basic reqirement when adding functionality is that you don't lose any existing functions.

cheers
Thomas
Posted By: DrDan Re: 2019 Where are they now? - 01/26/19 05:07 PM
Originally Posted By: thomasc
Why would you like to sort on a chord progression ...? It's more of a software engineer saying: hey we can do this too! Thomas

You make some good points. The style and song picker are very important in this program given the huge database which has been developed and which continues to grow. We need to continue to push for enhancements and improvements in this area.
Posted By: thomasc Re: 2019 Where are they now? - 01/26/19 05:13 PM
Possible explanation to loss of PG DX plugins in the 64bit version:
are they only provided to be run in the 32 bit version and if so will they be upgraded ???

Have I missed any notification from PGmusic about this?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: 2019 Where are they now? - 01/26/19 05:22 PM
PG Music DX plugins are 32-bit and, as such, they are incompatible with BIAB 64-bit. They do, however, show up in BIAB 32-bit.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 2019 Where are they now? - 01/26/19 07:06 PM
Hang in for the 64-bit version of the plugins. PG Music said we would get them.
Posted By: MarioD Re: 2019 Where are they now? - 01/26/19 09:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Hang in for the 64-bit version of the plugins. PG Music said we would get them.

I hope that they are VSTs and not DXs.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 2019 Where are they now? - 01/26/19 09:26 PM
Mario, it is my impression that they are the same as the 32-bit, so no.
© PG Music Forums