PG Music Home
Posted By: GAJ52 Notation Question - 02/11/19 08:37 PM
Hi

I'm using BIAB 2019.

If I go into the Notation screen, then Editable notation and insert a note on the first beat of bar one it lasts for 1 bar and 3 beats (4/4 time), no problem so far. If I then add a note in bar 2 at beat 2, I get a rest at beat 1 of bar 2 - why ?

Why does a rest appear in between the two notes, what am I missing ?

Glen
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Notation Question - 02/11/19 08:44 PM
I'm not at my computer, but there is a default length of a note that is, I think, 90%. So when you enter a new note at bar 2, beat 2, it knows that the first note has to end before the second note starts, and it leaves a space before the second note.

You can change the default length.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Notation Question - 02/11/19 08:47 PM
Hi Glen,

I just tried the above in both BIAB 32bit and BIAB 64-bit and the note tied correctly from beat 1 (bar 1) to beat 1 (bar 2) -- in other words, I did not get the rest you mention.

Do you have the latest build installed? We are presently up to #617. It can be downloaded and manually installed from the following link.

https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

Also, are you entering the notes on the Melody track?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Notation Question - 02/11/19 08:47 PM
Found it.

Go to Help, Notation Window - Options More.

It's 80% as the default.

EDIT: However, I also got what Noel got - no rest in the Editable Notation Mode. If I switch back to the Regular Notation Mode, I see the rest at beat one in measure two. I think that's explained by what I mentioned before. And, of course, you can change the length of the note manually in a few ways so you don't see the rest.
Posted By: GAJ52 Re: Notation Question - 02/12/19 07:36 AM
Matt, Noel

Many thanks for your help.

I think Matt found the answer with the note length defaulting to 80%. If I entered the notes as in my original post, then selected the Staff Roll Notation, the first note length (blue line) only fractionally went past the Bar 2 line. Changing the default note length to 90% has solved the problem and the rest no longer appears.

Thanks again guys, much appreciated.

Glen
© PG Music Forums