PG Music Home
Posted By: KGU 2 going back to EARLIER VERSION? - 02/21/19 12:45 AM

Hi all,

Im getting more and more frustrated trying to
use BIAB version 2018.

Why? Substyles don't work. ALSO = Changing the Style using F5 doesn't work { at least the many times of wasted time trying }.

These are deal breakers for my composing/ working methods.

Anyway:

1. Can I run multiple versions on the same computer
{ such as 2017 and 2018 ? }

I dont know if my 2017 would work better, or not.

I'm at my wits end in how to proceed in production.

thanks
Posted By: Pipeline Re: going back to EARLIER VERSION? - 02/21/19 01:15 AM
2018 has the new folder structure so 2017 won't find the styles etc..
you would need to install 2017 in another folder but point it to the RealTracks\Drums folder in the 2018 folder.

There are some other files you can copy from 2018 to the 2017 folder so you have all the 2018 Styles, RealTracks and RealDrums, just let me know if you are keen to do this and I will post some more info.
Posted By: KGU 2 Re: going back to EARLIER VERSION? - 02/21/19 01:30 AM
Thanks alot for the infor Pipeline!

My C drive is brimming full right now.

So its under consideration for the near future.
Posted By: KGU 2 Re: going back to EARLIER VERSION? - 02/21/19 02:24 AM
Has anyone here ever used SUBSTYLES?

If so, what year version worked?

Can I buy that version and install it?

thanks
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: going back to EARLIER VERSION? - 02/21/19 05:43 AM
I never used them, use to make my own variation at times when i don't like a chosen RT with a prefab style. A few found substitutes are some times IMO a great improvement BTW. Is that what PG does with the XTRA styles packs? Then it's easy XTRA money LOL; hope the spend mine on bugfixes and wishlists ... and i really want the old songpicker selection functions back ! I'll start a poll.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: going back to EARLIER VERSION? - 02/21/19 07:47 PM
Quote:
Changing the Style using F5 doesn't work

Changing styles does work in general - it works in 2018 and in 2019 and it most likely works better in 2019 than it ever has in previous versions. It seems that there is something about the way you are doing it or the styles you are using that is causing a problem. Why don't you give us a specific example to test out? What is your overall style, which style are you changing to, and what isn't working about it?
© PG Music Forums