PG Music Home
I bought a new laptop for my Band in the Box and other music programs. Last year, on my old laptop, I had an old 2012 edition and I upgraded it to 2017 and 2018. So my question is, can I use that 2018 Upgrade on my new laptop or do I have to buy the full version?

Thanks in advance.
It depends on what content your 2017 and 2018 upgrades contain.

If you purchased the UltraPlus PAK or Audiophile edition in 2016 those two packages contained all the content (except for bonus material or Xtra styles) available up to the time. If your 2018 and 2018 upgrades were PlusPAKs then the upgrade contains only the content that was new for that year. The intent is to have an economical way for regular users to update with new content each year.

What upgrade packages did you purchase in 2017 and 2018? Which package did you purchase in 2012?
aww, life ain't easy on any PG user; lucky me i only bought a wrong version once, due wrong advice from PG themselves, probably my fault by asking the wrong questions ..... Which of course was fixed by their excellent support services. Your ticket is valid for i think 2 installations how ever.
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
It depends on what content your 2017 and 2018 upgrades contain.

If you purchased the UltraPlus PAK or Audiophile edition in 2016 those two packages contained all the content (except for bonus material or Xtra styles) available up to the time. If your 2018 and 2018 upgrades were PlusPAKs then the upgrade contains only the content that was new for that year. The intent is to have an economical way for regular users to update with new content each year.

What upgrade packages did you purchase in 2017 and 2018? Which package did you purchase in 2012?

I am not really sure what the original purchase in 2012 was. I know it was not the Ultra-pak. I still have the CD so when I get off from work, I will respond with that information.

From your email, it appears I will need a little more. Maybe I can upload the 2012 from the CD and then download the 2017, and then the 2018 upgrades?

Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted By: fiddler2007
aww, life ain't easy on any PG user; lucky me i only bought a wrong version once, due wrong advice from PG themselves, probably my fault by asking the wrong questions ..... Which of course was fixed by their excellent support services. Your ticket is valid for i think 2 installations how ever.
smile

I hope I don't have to go down this road; but, some journeys can become inevitable when you don't look well enough before you leap, as the old saying goes.

Glad you got it all straightened out. I will get there - the only question is how much time and money I will have to expend before I can enjoy the sweet sounds without having them drag as they were doing on my old, outdated laptop.
Hi,

You originally had a 2012 MegaPAK version on disc, then got the 2017 Pro and 2018 Pro Upgrade (e-delivery). The 2017-2018 Pro files are all available in your account's My Products page. To install on your new laptop, you have a couple of options.

1. Copy the bb folder from your old laptop to your new one. (e.g. use an USB hard drive to move the entire bb folder (~15 GB). Once you've done that download and install the Band-in-a-Box 2018 Pro (all you need is the main program installer) Install it to the bb folder you copied there.

Or another possibility but more work:

2. Install your 2012 MegaPAK from the disc onto your new laptop. Then download the Pro upgrade files from your account and install over top of that.

Since you have the 2018 Pro version currently, you are eligible for any 2019 upgrade from previous version, including the UltraPAK upgrade. (If you got the UltraPAK upgrade, you would no longer need your previous discs/files at all, since it includes everything you already had).
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
Hi,

You originally had a 2012 MegaPAK version on disc, then got the 2017 Pro and 2018 Pro Upgrade (e-delivery). The 2017-2018 Pro files are all available in your account's My Products page. To install on your new laptop, you have a couple of options.

1. Copy the bb folder from your old laptop to your new one. (e.g. use an USB hard drive to move the entire bb folder (~15 GB). Once you've done that download and install the Band-in-a-Box 2018 Pro (all you need is the main program installer) Install it to the bb folder you copied there.

Or another possibility but more work:

2. Install your 2012 MegaPAK from the disc onto your new laptop. Then download the Pro upgrade files from your account and install over top of that.

Since you have the 2018 Pro version currently, you are eligible for any 2019 upgrade from previous version, including the UltraPAK upgrade. (If you got the UltraPAK upgrade, you would no longer need your previous discs/files at all, since it includes everything you already had).

Thank you for that clear and concise summary of my options. I am going to try option 2, but first, I will have to delete the 2018 Pro that I installed. I will check back to let you know how it worked out!
Looks like Andrew knows his stuff. I am back up and running!
© PG Music Forums