PG Music Home
Posted By: green_building Slow Render Times in VST plugin - 02/28/19 06:52 PM
I'm wondering if the VST plugin helper app that runs in the background (bbw4.exe 32 bit) of VST plugin in is part of the problem why a render can not play while its loading— only after it finishes loading.

Will it be possible in the future for BIAB VST plugin to have fast render times like in RealBand where the render files play while loading and instead of the slowness of the VST plugin.

Is the slow render times in VST Plugin a main priority problem issue fix?

Rodger
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Slow Render Times in VST plugin - 03/01/19 04:01 AM
The rendering speed of bbw4 32bit (it will be 64bit soon but speed will be the same) is now the same as Biab64 Audio > Export Song As wav files...
It is a touch faster than RealBand bbw2 32bit.
Biab renders the tracks to RAM as it's playing, it could be done this way with the Plugin's bbw4 (it could load the tracks direct to RAM and would need to send audio play/sync to the Plugin) but you would still need to render the tracks from RAM to wav then drag in the DAW.
Adar is making great steps in the programming of the Plugin.
Posted By: green_building Re: Slow Render Times in VST plugin - 03/02/19 03:05 PM
Hi Pipeline--

Is Adar the BIAB programmer? I am asking specifically about using BIAB in the DAW (VST plugin)and am asking if the rendering in this process will be increased where BIAB Real Tracks tracks are playing while still loading that increases render times. Rodger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
SNIP
The rendering speed of bbw4 32bit (it will be 64bit soon but speed will be the same) is now the same as Biab64 Audio > Export Song As wav files...
It is a touch faster than RealBand bbw2 32bit.
Biab renders the tracks to RAM as it's playing, it could be done this way with the Plugin's bbw4 (it could load the tracks direct to RAM and would need to send audio play/sync to the Plugin) but you would still need to render the tracks from RAM to wav then drag in the DAW. Adar is making great steps in the programming of the Plugin------------------------------------------------------
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Slow Render Times in VST plugin - 03/02/19 07:40 PM
I thought I made it clear in my post what's going on ?
Maybe someone else can re-phrase it in another way for me.
Posted By: musiclover Re: Slow Render Times in VST plugin - 03/02/19 08:34 PM
Hello Rodger,

Welcome to the forum.

I think you will find things more lively here than the Yahoo Groups where I see that you usually post in the biab group, and report back the answers that you get from here, though it might be a lot easier just to give them a direct link to the thread in question.

All in all a great bunch of people here who are friendly and will go out of their way to help you.

Enjoy your time on the forum.

smile
© PG Music Forums