PG Music Home
Posted By: lambada BIAB 2019 64 bit and 64bit VSTs - 03/03/19 09:30 AM
Just a quick question. I can't get any of my iZotope VSTs or VSTi's to load in BIAB. Likewise SampleTank 3. What am I missing or not doing that I should? I'm assuming others have done this little dance. I have JBridge from 2018, but I assumed we wouldn't need it anymore. I'm on the latest builds etc. Windows 10.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: BIAB 2019 64 bit and 64bit VSTs - 03/03/19 10:19 AM
What build are you on? Currently it’s 622

I usually don’t use things like izotope in BiaB as I don’t use it for full tracking just song bed creation or simple song playback live.

I would use plugs like that for finishing a project

Still not sure why it won’t work give some details about how you attempt this, the steps involved
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: BIAB 2019 64 bit and 64bit VSTs - 03/03/19 04:13 PM
lambada,

It's real easy to think you're using the 64 bit version of Band-in-a-Box when you're actually using the 32 bit version.

Watch the splash window when the program first opens or go to "Help" > "About Band-in-a-Box" to confirm you're using the 64 bit program. As far as I know the default desktop icon still points to the 32 bit program.

The 64 bit program file is named "bbw64.exe" By default it is located at "x:\bb\bbw64.exe" where x equals the drive letter the program is loaded on.
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: BIAB 2019 64 bit and 64bit VSTs - 03/05/19 12:08 PM
Originally Posted By: lambada
Just a quick question. I can't get any of my iZotope VSTs or VSTi's to load in BIAB. Likewise SampleTank 3. What am I missing or not doing that I should? I'm assuming others have done this little dance. I have JBridge from 2018, but I assumed we wouldn't need it anymore. I'm on the latest builds etc. Windows 10.

I have a few 64bit Izotpe (nectar) VST (2) dll plugs that WON'T load in Cubase (64bit). The VST3 versions however do, and i think BIAB cannot work with VST3 plugins, only the dll versions. Sampletank alas i abandoned a while ago since working with it was too complicated at times. As for jBbridge: I converted some old 32bit dll plugins to 64bit successfully; maybe that will get your iZotope stuff running?
Posted By: lambada Re: BIAB 2019 64 bit and 64bit VSTs - 03/13/19 10:31 AM
Sorry for the late response. I'm definately on the 64bit version and I'm on the latest build 623. iZotope Trash 2 and VocalSynth 2 both load ok. Various other iZotope Neutron 2 and Vocal Double etc load via the DX option. You're correct that it's the various dlls that won't load. eg iZotope Iris. I tried both VST2 and VST3 folders under Add VST plugin and no joy. I do have Jbridge loaded as I get a message about 32 and 64 bit plugins, so perhaps I should get rid of JBrige now? I don't understand the difference between .dlls under VST2 and VST3 and DX? RealBand seems to be the same, rejecting and accepting the same VSTs/VSTis.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: BIAB 2019 64 bit and 64bit VSTs - 03/13/19 03:40 PM
DX is a Microsoft audio plugin standard that is still around but is not as popular as the VST standard. From a practical standpoint the big different between DX and VST is DX installation changes the Windows operating system file registry. Therefore Windows is aware of the plugin. VSTs are independent of the operating system.
Posted By: KSlatt0327 Re: BIAB 2019 64 bit and 64bit VSTs - 03/29/19 02:48 AM
Originally Posted By: fiddler2007
Originally Posted By: lambada

I have a few 64bit Izotpe (nectar) VST (2) dll plugs that WON'T load in Cubase (64bit). The VST3 versions however do, and i think BIAB cannot work with VST3 plugins, only the dll versions. Sampletank alas i abandoned a while ago since working with it was too complicated at times. As for jBbridge: I converted some old 32bit dll plugins to 64bit successfully; maybe that will get your iZotope stuff running?

I have 2019 RealBand and have reinstalled iZotope Nectar 2 Production Suite. I tried using the dll files that are created in both the: C:/program files/steinberg/VSTplugins and C:/program files (x86)/steinberg/VSTplugins and none of them are able to load (I get the nessage: "dll is not a valid VST plugin!").

I then used jBridger and converted the original plugins to jBridge plugins (in their own separate directories) and when I tried to load them, I get the same result. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get the plugins working? Please, any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Sincerely, Kevin.
© PG Music Forums