PG Music Home
BIAB 2019 update 622 (ultra pak on usb drive)full internal hd install win10 64

If I try to use the video, I get a message saying that VJT app is not installed. I installed 2019 update 622 as per the message box but same symptom.
This file is not on my hard drive, there is no VJT folder under \bb\data and I also checked the \bb folder on the ultra usb hd and that folder isn't present there either.

I have messaged support but has anyone got any clues as to how to fix this, please?
Poldav,

Welcome to the forum!

The VJT folder is installed by the Band-in-a-Box installation program. Both Band-in-a-Boc and RealBand uses the VJT file to display and playback video files.

My folder is located at x:\bb\Data\VJT where "x" equals the drive letter of the storage drive where Band-in-a-Box and RealBand are installed.

Do you have Band-in-a-Box and RealBand installed to the same storage drive? If not, that maybe contributing to your issue.

Be aware, the VJT folder contains multiple files. I suspect the extra files support the executable file.
Jim,
Thanks for responding. Yep they're both on the same internal drive - although f:\ (not the c:\ drive that I use for windows).
I thought it maybe just an install glitch but on the usb drive supplied, in the bb\data folder there is no VJT folder. Also, in the realband\data folder there is no VJT folder.
Poldav,

I'm disappointed to read the VJT folder is not present.

I think it might be time to contact PG Music support.

I would suggest accessing your online account to download and install the file that has the VJT folder contents but I have no idea which file contains those files.

The online files are compressed package files designed to facilitate ease of download and use of the download manager to download and install many of the online files as a background task. Meanwhile the USB hard drive files are not compressed and arranged to accommodate four different installation options. So you'll need to work with technical support so you'll be given accurate advice.
Jim, Thanks. I had already asked support for help, so I'll have to wait n see what they say. I didn't look within any compressed files on the usb disk, so that would explain why I couldn't find it - assuming it is there. However, the fact that there is no folder in \bb\data on the usb drive implies either that any folk running the program from the drive would not have the facility of realtrack videos or that my usb drive was missing files. Poldav
Poldav,

You may want to try PG Music chat or telephone support for a faster response. The contact information for both is located at the top of each forum page.
Thanks Jim,
Chat told me to email support lol
Dave
Just an update for anyone else searching for this issue. I have been advised by tech support that NONE of the 2019 versions of the program contain video realtracks or the vjt.exe file & it's ancilliaries - it is now an additional cost add-on. Presumably, those who upgraded from an earlier version may have the facility but any new users won't.
Poldav,

I'm confused. What video were you trying to view when BiaB gave you the error message?

I was not aware the 2019 UltraPAK Band-in-a-Box did not include any Video RealTracks. Thanks for sharing that information with us.
Jim,
I was really just exploring the program as a noob - I guess I'd just recently read something (possibly the 2018 update in help) that referred to video tracks. When it didn't work, I searched here on the forum & found a thread where someone had not been able to find the files/folder & ended up re-installing 2018 version & then updating to 2019 - which sent me on the quest smile
Whilst it's unlikely I'd ever really use the facility, I was disappointed in the (lack of) initial response to my contact with support, the response by chat & then (after I re-submitted a report to support) which eventually confirmed (I assume) that a facility available in 2018 had been withdrawn/monetized in 2019.
I suppose the main annoyance was wasting my time looking for something that wasn't there & (my assumption) that 2019 would include everything in versions before it.
I spent a long time considering which package to buy & feel that removing facilities is a step backwards, however little they might be used.
None of this lessens the value of BIAB 2019 but it does add to the feeling that both help & the general BIAB website is confusing about what the program offers.
© PG Music Forums