PG Music Home
Posted By: rallypally Usertracks to replace BB trackss - 03/07/19 10:31 PM
Hello

How do I add my own audio tracks to replace the Bass, piano, drums, guitar, melody tracks in BB?

I want to add my own drum individual tracks..
e.g.
in BASS track, wanna add kick drum audio file
in PIANO track, wanna add snare drum audio file etc.

Thank you
Rally
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Usertracks to replace BB trackss - 03/07/19 11:06 PM
Hello rallypally,

Band-in-a-Box includes one audio track (Audio) for you to record on. Bass, Piano, Drums, Guitar, Strings, Melody and Solo are typically are reserved for use by the program to create auto accompaniment tracks. However ...

You can record an audio track on the audio track then go to "Audio" > "Move Audio To Performance Track" to move the audio to an accompaniment track. You can repeat this process until all the tracks are filled.

But why would you want to use Band-in-a-Box in this manner instead of using a daw product like RealBand or Garageband?
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Usertracks to replace BB trackss - 03/08/19 12:21 AM
Hi Rallypally,

Do you have kick and snare loops, or just samples of single drum hits?

If it's just individual hits, I'd use RealBand for this, or load the samples into a sampler plugin and write notes onto the tracks using MIDI, not audio. If you have loops, copy them into BB\RealTracks\Loops, then click the Loops button in BIAB to add those loops to whichever tracks you like.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: rallypally Re: Usertracks to replace BB trackss - 03/10/19 03:49 AM
Thanks for your answer Jim..

Well, I'm using BB live on stage, and I'd like to be able to solo the kick or hi hats on demand and loop any section (e.g. getting audience participation)... So I can keep the performance going on as long or short as I want
Posted By: rallypally Re: Usertracks to replace BB trackss - 03/10/19 03:51 AM
Hi Kent..

I'm using some loops...

I find that Realband takes longer to generate tracks than BB, and I use the loop and conductor functions in BB extensively
© PG Music Forums