PG Music Home
Food for BIAB Nerds:

I found a nice bluegrass Midi file where the banjo and the acoustic bass each uses 2 midi channels splitted for pitch bends (with a note for that effect on the 2nd channel).

I would like to make a MIDI BIAB style using those 2 channel tricks each on the bass and strings tracks thus in the stylemaker .... no RTs !

1) Looking into the stylemaker it seems that it's not possible to incorporate 2 midi channels on one stylemaker BIAB track, thus WITHIN IN THE STYLEMAKER only, apart from maybe using the guitar macro option. Latter eats up 6 channels all at once, and leaves not enough left over for other Style maker tracks i guess.

2) How do you change the name 'strings' as preset in the stylemaker into something else? -F
Not stupid questions at all. I'm sure you've got a lot of the regulars looking for their thinking cap. The bad news is I wonder how many are "expert" using the Stylemaker; it's not a feature that is discussed very often on the forum.

If you look at the MIDI channel options in the screen shot below you'll see channels 1, 9, 15 & 16 are the only channels free when everything stays at the default setting. More important though each track has only one channel per track allocated.

My opinion is the Stylemaker can only use the legacy track names and the feature does not have the capability to rename tracks. However, if someone proves me wrong that would be great!

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Now it's time for Bob Norton to join the stylemaker fun, eh? I found these midis at www.banjr.com; of course only bluegrass alas ... thnx.
I'm following along to see how this plays out. I don't know what I'm doing and won't attempt to instruct. But if I had a midi file as you describe, rather than try to create something from scratch, I'd first see if I could save a copy of that original midi file as a BIAB Style and then attempt to modify patches, cc's, etc from that Style...

There's a lot of benefits and potential to what you want to do but in the past, such things have been limitations that went on to inspire third party vendors like Notes Norton to create Styles with improvements over stock BIAB Styles.
© PG Music Forums