PG Music Home
Posted By: joden Dream Lover - help with the "stops".. - 03/22/19 02:51 PM
Can anyone suggest how to input the stops in Dream Lover please? I cannot seem to get the timing right.

Thanks
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Dream Lover - help with the "stops".. - 03/22/19 06:51 PM
Hi

I think this may be the section you want (i-----want a-----girl to-----call my—own)
You will need to use voices with a quick attack and fairly quick natural decay like piano and guitar I think. Note the position and value of the rests.
Hope this is some help
Mike

Attached picture Untitled-1 copy.jpg
If you are trying to do that with BiaB 'shots' you will need an EXPANDED style. I invented EXPANDED styles for situations like this. You can put up to 8 chords per measure and you can put a shot on both a particular beat and the 8th note before that beat.

Check out the EXPANDED styles at http://www.nortonmusic.com/styledemo.html

I also have an entire 'disk' full of EXPANDED styles.

http://www.nortonmusic.com/style17.html

Insights and incites by Notes
Posted By: joden Re: Dream Lover - help with the "stops".. - 03/23/19 12:28 PM
Originally Posted By: Mike Head
Hi

I think this may be the section you want (i-----want a-----girl to-----call my—own)
You will need to use voices with a quick attack and fairly quick natural decay like piano and guitar I think. Note the position and value of the rests.
Hope this is some help
Mike

thanks - yeah that stuff I already knew - it's what chord and [ .. ^ ^^ . etc] notation marks to insert I need!
Posted By: joden Re: Dream Lover - help with the "stops".. - 03/23/19 12:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
If you are trying to do that with BiaB 'shots' you will need an EXPANDED style. I invented EXPANDED styles for situations like this. You can put up to 8 chords per measure and you can put a shot on both a particular beat and the 8th note before that beat.

Check out the EXPANDED styles at http://www.nortonmusic.com/styledemo.html

I also have an entire 'disk' full of EXPANDED styles.

http://www.nortonmusic.com/style17.html

Insights and incites by Notes

Thanks for the input, but I'm not sure the solution is to need to buy anything to be honest. Looking for suggestions not commercial advertisements!
use an eigth note push on the chord after the shot on the beat.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Dream Lover - help with the "stops".. - 03/23/19 10:32 PM
One alternative is to use a less well known recording of the song as the basis for your song project. For instance, Ricky Nelson and the Stone Canyon Band released +++ THIS +++ country ballad version of the song.
Posted By: musiclover Re: Dream Lover - help with the "stops".. - 03/24/19 09:21 AM
Ok Notes has invented these expanded styles, which makes me wonder why hasn't PGmusic found a workaround over the long number of years that basically does the same thing, surely its not impossible to do?
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Dream Lover - help with the "stops".. - 03/24/19 04:18 PM
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Ok Notes has invented these expanded styles, which makes me wonder why hasn't PGmusic found a workaround over the long number of years that basically does the same thing, surely its not impossible to do?

Notes has explained how to create your own expanded styles many times in the past. To summarize how I understand the idea: (1) Consider each Band-in-a-Box bar can be used like a spreadsheet cell. Then consider each cell can equal 1/2 a musical division or 1/2 a measure. In a "standard" Band-in-a-Box style a 60 bpm song would occupy about 15 bars while an "expanded" Band-in-a-Box style will require about 30 bars. (2) Double the bars means double the resolution. Where a "standard" style uses four beats and chords per bar (quarter note resolution) the "expanded" style allows for eight beats and chords per bar (eigth note resolution).

When Bob (Notes) Norton created expanded MIDI styles Band-in-a-Box did not offer half-time, double-time and triple time options. Those options help enable RealTracks work when users want to duplicate using an MIDI only expanded style.

All of this happened before I was a frequent forum visitor so my summary is likely not accurate.
Posted By: joden Re: Dream Lover - help with the "stops".. - 03/25/19 11:41 AM
Originally Posted By: silvertones
use an eigth note push on the chord after the shot on the beat.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
© PG Music Forums