PG Music Home
Posted By: gavman Is this easy to do? - 11/07/09 12:02 PM
Hi Guys.
I am just practicing some major triads over the following chord progression Am/D7.
I would like to create a backing track in BIAB.
I know how to type the chords into the progression window and set my repeats, style etc.
The only thing is I would like to add some Real Tracks to this, in order for it to sound like a real band. Guess what? I dont have a clue about how to even start to do this. Any of you point me in the right direction?
Thanks
Posted By: rharv Re: Is this easy to do? - 11/07/09 12:28 PM
I'd open it in Realband, then just right click the track area and select realtracks or realdrums ..
Posted By: silvertones Re: Is this easy to do? - 11/07/09 12:36 PM
I'd read the manual first otherwise anything said will be Greek to you.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Is this easy to do? - 11/07/09 12:52 PM
It's also worth having a look at the tutorial videos here at PGMusic.
Posted By: Edward Buckley Re: Is this easy to do? - 11/07/09 01:22 PM
Hey Gavman,

Major Triad practice? Try this>

1. Type in 1 bar of CMaj7 (CJ shortcut.)

2. Type in 1 bar of Dm7/G

3. Now, either copy those 2 bars many times or just set the number of choruses between them for 10 or so.

4. After choosing your style, Key and tempo, right click underneath "Bass" or "Piano" or "Drums" to choose which Real Track you want.

I have all my students work their diatonic patterns using this simple progression, as the Dm7/G chord provides a nice change in tension without moving outside. Works great for keeping things fresh!

Hope this helps you,
Ed
Posted By: gavman Re: Is this easy to do? - 11/07/09 02:24 PM
Thanks to all for your answers.
I'll let you know how I get on.
Posted By: BarryKJ Re: Is this easy to do? - 11/07/09 03:26 PM
Regarding what Ed said in line 4 of his answer, you right click on the label for the instrument you are wanting a RT for (Piano, Bass, Guitar, Strings). One of the options that pops up in a menu is to Add/Remove Real Track. When you select that it will take you to the Real Tracks list. One option you might not want to have checked there is to Show Real Tracks that are N/A. If you don't check that, you will only be presented with a list of RT's that you have on your system. Pick from the list for whatever instrument you are looking for. You can do this for all instruments from this window (upper left area of the screen lets you choose the BIAB instrument location you want to change). Once you have the RTs you want, exit out and play along with your song. It is great fun.
Good luck.
Posted By: gavman Re: Is this easy to do? - 11/07/09 04:01 PM
Hi Barry.
Are you doing the above in BIAB or RT?
I've not experimented with anything yet as Im not at my own PC right now.
Regards
Posted By: BarryKJ Re: Is this easy to do? - 11/07/09 05:02 PM
This refers to BIAB. For what you are trying to do at this point it is probably easier to do in BIAB.
Posted By: gavman Re: Is this easy to do? - 11/07/09 06:43 PM
Thanks for that Barry. Let you know how I get on.
Posted By: gavman Re: Is this easy to do? - 11/08/09 05:59 PM
Ummmm, cant find the real tracks. Have I done something wrong?
© PG Music Forums