PG Music Home
So I just purchased a new desktop, and want to install all the RTs.

Note that I first installed and activated BiaB 2015 (my initial purchase of the program), and installed the 2019 update over it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached picture BaiB.PNG
I think (!) that all your previous files will be available as downloads but in answer to a query of mine, the download manager works by activation number so you need to go through all your installations, enter the activation number and then the download manager finds the files you bought with that year's package.

All the download manager will find is the files associated with the 2019 purchase and subsequent activation number.

I asked because I bought the complete set of RealTracks (as then was) with the 2018 package and was told that if I did a reinstall I would have to install 2018 first, download my files and then install and activate 2019 to get the latest.

It would be easier if we all had a profile with our purchases but that is obviously more complicated than numbers assigned automatically.
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
I think (!) that all your previous files will be available as downloads but in answer to a query of mine, the download manager works by activation number so you need to go through all your installations, enter the activation number and then the download manager finds the files you bought with that year's package.

All the download manager will find is the files associated with the 2019 purchase and subsequent activation number.

I asked because I bought the complete set of RealTracks (as then was) with the 2018 package and was told that if I did a reinstall I would have to install 2018 first, download my files and then install and activate 2019 to get the latest.

It would be easier if we all had a profile with our purchases but that is obviously more complicated than numbers assigned automatically.

So I thought this would be the case, but I have two problems with this.

1. The download manager was not a feature yet in BiaB 2015, so even though I downloaded and activated that version first, I could not install RTs via the install manager.

2. I tried to activate 2016, and 2017, but when I launched the activation utility, a notification popped up saying that it was already activated...

Thanks for taking the time to respond, tho.
Deacon I take it for one reason or another you didn't have the full 2019 including all RT on another drive, would have saved a lot of trouble just copying the whole BB folder onto your new pc, if you have that drive in old machine I would be tempted to take it out, install in new machine and copy the folder over.

Anyways good luck with new pc.
I also did a 2019 install onto a new desktop a couple of months ago. My previous version was 2018 on a Win 7 laptop.

In my case, I did not install any previous version onto the new desktop, a Win 10 AIO, I installed 2019. I started as if 2019 was my first purchase of the program. After the initial installation I installed Xtra Paks, 49 Bonus Paks from the CD's I had retained from all my previous versions and purchases and downloaded a few bundles that I did not receive a CD for. My result was I ended up with the correct total of RT's on the desktop. I was prepared to copy the RT's from the laptop to the new desktop if necessary but everything ended up correctly on the desktop. I did not use the installation manager.
Hi DB,

You are probably already aware of this but it's possible to access your download content by logging into the PG Music Sales site and then navigating to "My Products". I've used this a few times over the years.

Also, I use Free Download Manager to schedule the downloads so that when one finishes, the next starts.

https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Maybe this will do the job for you.

Regards,
Noel
Thanks to all you guys :-)

I actually went with Noel's suggestion (re: the download utility). It took some time, but I'm up and running with new rig! (tried to update the specs in my signature to no avail...will keep trying tho).

Editing to note that I have since updated the specs in my signature to those of my new rig :-)
© PG Music Forums