PG Music Home
Posted By: Antho1965 Cannot record!!! [Resolved] - 05/13/19 08:03 PM
I am having a very frustrating issue going on that I have never experienced before.

When I try to record a vocal etc in BB I get a pop up that says "Cannot create wave file, Likely another program (e.g. Windows Media Player) has a file open with the same name)

I can guarantee that is NOT the case I have just rebooted as I thought maybe something got messed up.

Any one have any idea how to fix this issue?

Also I have noticed that my mouse wheel no longer works when in BB to scroll up and down the songs...and I cannot find anything in BB for mouse wheel settings...

Thanks
Posted By: Antho1965 Re: Cannot record!!! - 05/13/19 08:33 PM
So it only seems to be happening to songs created in BB and saved.

If I just open BB and put in a bunch of chords and press record it works as expected.

I am also noticing a few other issues with BB that may or may not be related like:

The plugin window gets stuck open and cannot be closed without shutting everything down...

The mouse wheel scrolling issue I mentioned above

I'd have have to say this is the buggiest version of BB I have ever experienced.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Cannot record!!! - 05/13/19 08:39 PM
Hi Tony,

This may or may not help but it's worth a try...

It sounds like Windows WAS driver might be creating the issue. Try changing to ASIO (if you have that option). Using the MME driver might solve the problem, too, although there would be noticeable latency with this one.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: rharv Re: Cannot record!!! - 05/13/19 08:42 PM
I'd try link in the image below, located at top right of this page.
Give them the link to this post to save typing smile

Attached picture ChatLink.jpg
Posted By: Antho1965 Re: Cannot record!!! - 05/13/19 08:47 PM
Noel,

I am using ASIO already and have not had any audio configuration changes that I can think of since I have recorded with BB the last time.

So very weird.
Posted By: Antho1965 Re: Cannot record!!! - 05/13/19 08:53 PM
So there is a fix for this issue in a new BB release and I did check for updates but it said there were none....very weird...

https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#628
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Cannot record!!! - 05/14/19 04:27 PM
Antho1965,

More often than not the "Check for Updates" feature will not find any updates. PG Music treats the most current download release as a test or beta release. I think PG Music follows this line of thought to differentiate between what's available for download versus what's used to create the hardware drive images.
© PG Music Forums