PG Music Home
Posted By: critter Saving all songs to disc - 05/20/19 01:58 AM
I am setting up a new computer and want to save all songs with everything included from biab and realband and also from my Mixcraft files into one file for each. What is the easiest way to save all components of each song into one individual file for each song? My point is to make it an easy transfer. I would be saving the songs on a SD card and then transfer all, if individual that's ok just so all parts are there and no back and forth is involved. Thanks in advance.

Steve
Posted By: Teunis Re: Saving all songs to disc - 05/20/19 04:19 AM
If it is possible I would be inclined to do two things.

1. Connect both computers on the same network (the same wifi or router(switch)). If a network is not available, back to back with an Ethernet cable (you may need a crossover cable but a lot of cards these days can sort themselves). You will need to put the ip addresses into the same range.

Once connected, share the folder on the old computer the create the folder on the new computer and copy across. Basically drag and drop.

2. While you’re at it create a backup of your music.

Then store your old computer for a while. Old files are like junk in a shed. Whatever it is you won’t want it until the day after it goes to the dump.

My thoughts
Tony
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Saving all songs to disc - 05/20/19 09:54 AM
Originally Posted By: Teunis
<...snip...>Then store your old computer for a while. Old files are like junk in a shed. Whatever it is you won’t want it until the day after it goes to the dump.<...>

That's a great way to put it Tony.

The day after the garbage truck drives away is the day you will need it -- whatever it is.

Insights and incites by Notes
© PG Music Forums