PG Music Home
I've done a little chord sequence with a realtracks sax solo - 16 bars repeated 4 times. It has put the solo over all 64 bars but I only want it in the middle 32. How do I clear out the first and last 16 bars without having to click and delete each single note?
Originally Posted By: PatrickTR
I've done a little chord sequence with a realtracks sax solo - 16 bars repeated 4 times. It has put the solo over all 64 bars but I only want it in the middle 32. How do I clear out the first and last 16 bars without having to click and delete each single note?

You have a few options, but, tbh, the simplest way to do it would be via the bar settings (F5) and mute, and unmute at the relevant measures.
Hmm ... thanks but that seems a poor ... maybe they'll correct it in future releases but that seems quite a basic feature that is missing in a product as mature as BiaB.Thanks anyway smile
Hi,
Did you try the option that DeaconBlues suggested?
It's quite easy to implement, it would take less than one minute to undertake.
There's no need to delete any notes.
I can't think of an easier or quicker way.
There is a quicker easier way. Real Band. When you want a solo in RB you simply swipe the part of the track you want to generate, if it's 24 bars that's what you get, 24 bars. What I like to do with solos in RB is to generate them on several different tracks so I can cut/paste the parts I really like into one final track, then delete the original "working" tracks. If someone isn't familiar with RB, it has 48 tracks to work with.

The reason I don't like the way Biab handles solos is the generation times. I've tested this in the past, adding a solo track to a song increases the generation time by a lot. Way more than simply adding a regular instrument track. That means when Biab generates the entire song with a solo when you only want 24 bars you're being forced to wait that much longer when you're testing different stuff. Change one chord and regen and you're waiting for that entire solo to generate even if you did mute the bars you didn't want.

RB does 95% of what Biab can do plus a whole lot more. If you need that 5% then generate it in Biab and open it in RB.

Bob
<<< but that seems quite a basic feature that is missing >>>

It's not a missing feature. Using the Soloist feature or alternately the Melodist feature has been around for a long time and they give you many options to when, where and how your Solo will play and when and where it plays. The same applies to the Melodist. They operate identically.

Generating the entire Soloist track us just a fast and simple way to create your Solo Track.
© PG Music Forums