PG Music Home
Version: 2019(625)
I have chords arranged in the chord sheet. I click on the styles icon and can choose a style.
1- Cannot play the style using the Current Chord Sheet
2- Can use the Quick Play, after clicking on OK the style does not change
Originally Posted By: cptnzod
Version: 2019(625)
I have chords arranged in the chord sheet. I click on the styles icon and can choose a style.
1- Cannot play the style using the Current Chord Sheet
2- Can use the Quick Play, after clicking on OK the style does not change

Welcome to the forums.

What happens when you try to play using the current chord sheet? Is there any message or error, or is it that nothing happens?

What version exactly of BiaB are you using?

Have you tried running as Administrator?

What is the Style that you chose?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Band-in-a-Box Windows Cannot pick styles - 05/25/19 10:06 AM
Also, in addition to Videotracks fine thoughts...

Go to the link below, download update 628 and install it manually. When you install it, check that the paths are correct for your installation of BIAB.

https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm

When you have installed the update, go into Stylepicker and click on the "Rebuild" (at the bottom of Stylepicker's window). I usually run the [Fast] option. This will rebuild the list of styles and is necessary after an update installation.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: cptnzod Re: Band-in-a-Box Windows Cannot pick styles - 05/25/19 11:52 AM
Version listed above
I did a rebuild and now it plays but I only had 600 styles and almost no Real styles. Used the download manager and downloaded all that I could. Now it has 900 styles. Is that the full list? I originally saw thousands!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Band-in-a-Box Windows Cannot pick styles - 05/25/19 12:15 PM
I believe what VideoTrack was asking was what version of BiaB did you purchase with version meaning Pro, UltraPAK, MegaPAK, etc.

The BiaB engine is the same in all versions with the difference being the number or RealTracks, RealDrums, Real styles, MIDI styles, etc. The Pro version has the least number of the above and the UltraPAKs and Audiophiles having the most.
Thanks Mario,

Yes, I was referring to the specific package version. Thanks for clarifying the point (better than I did !)

Trev
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Band-in-a-Box Windows Cannot pick styles - 05/25/19 08:50 PM
Knowing what package you purchased would be useful.

For example, and as Mario mentions above, the UltraPak edition has all styles, Realtracks, etc. -- except for those that were released under special circumstances.

In the meantime, log-in into your PG Music Sales account and, if you've registered your version of BIAB, have a look under under "My Products" and you'll find download links for all the files that are available for you. This list is populated by all versions that you own, past and present.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: cptnzod Re: Band-in-a-Box Windows Cannot pick styles - 05/25/19 09:07 PM
Sorry for not understanding. Here is what I have installed:
FILE SIZE (MB) DOWNLOAD
Band-in-a-Box and RealBand 2019 Pro (Windows) 760 Download
Hi-Q Instruments for Sforzando 521 Download
The following files can alternatively be downloaded using the Band-in-a-Box Download Manager. First, download and activate Band-in-a-Box, then go Help | Utilities | Run Download Manager.
Loops Set 2 and Held Chord Styles (Windows) 971 Download
Pro RealTracks 1 (Windows) 2000 Download
Pro RealTracks 2 (Windows) 2000 Download
Pro RealTracks 3 (Windows) 2000 Download
Pro RealTracks 4 (Windows) 2000 Download
Pro RealTracks 5 (Windows) 2000 Download
Pro RealTracks 6 (Windows) 1500 Download

So I have around 900 styles. Do I need to update anything else? Or this is it?
We want to help you resolve the issue.

What is the Style that you chose that did not work?
Was there any error message?
You listed the Pro package download files.

The 2019 Pro PAK includes 916 styles according to +++ THIS +++ comparison chart. The chart compares the 2019 Pro PAK release with prior Pro PAK releases.

The Pro PAK is the entry level package which has the least content. The +++ Mega PAK +++ has more content with about 2,800 styles but it still doesn't include all the available package content.

To obtain all the styles available in a package you'll need to upgrade to either the +++ Ultra PAK +++ , +++ Ultra PAK + (Plus) +++ or +++ Audiophile +++ .

The three packages listed immediately above contain the same styles, loops, RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks content. For that reason most users eventually upgrade to the Ultra PAK or higher.

The Ultra PAK + includes additional educational programs while the Audiophile includes the educational programs as well as RealTracks in both lossy (wma or MP4a) and lossless (WAV or AIF)file formats.
Posted By: cptnzod Re: Band-in-a-Box Windows Cannot pick styles - 05/26/19 11:10 PM
Got it.
I have all those listed above installed.
So if I want more styles I have to upgrade.
The styles which were not playing disappeared after a Rebuild.

Thank you everyone for helping out.
Thanks for letting us know how you resolved. This can assist others in the future also.
© PG Music Forums