PG Music Home
Hello,

I have my melody notation entered in the treble clef but I would like it displayed in the bass clef for trombone instead.

I can transpose it down by one octave and that works but it displays the notation still in the treble clef with heaps of auxiliary staff lines. The bass clef remains empty.

I would like it showing in the bass clef instead. Is there any way to do this?
You can change the split point in the Notation Options. Would this work for you?

Attached picture 2019-05-16_17-51-57.jpg
I have hundreds of files which I entered in Treble Clef but, being a trombone player, I have to print out for myself in Bass Clef. I have never experienced the problem you mention. I should point out that my split is C4 as Video Track recommends. It changes automatically to G6 when I select the "Melody on Bass Clef -12. You do have to change the "Chord Vertical Position" (from 5 to 10) and "Lyric Position" (from -5 to 35) if you are wanting to show chords and lyrics. And you also have to decide if you wish to change the split point for the Soloist track.

Oh, Hi Berntd, I did not notice it was you when I started to reply to your post. What a strange coincidence we should meet so soon on this forum. You are learning the tricks quickly and you are getting advice from an excellent source.
Ok, weekend and I have time to try this.

I still cannot get it right.

When I go to Melody->Edit Melody Track->Transpose Melody only

I select down one octave.

That results in everything still in the treble clef as already mentioned.
And yes, the split is set to C4.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards
Bernt

Attached picture bib transpose1.jpg
Attached picture bib transpose1 options.jpg
If you have a look under the "Clef Split At" C4, you'll see that the program is set to show notes of up to 5 ledger lines. This would seem to be what's happening.

With this in mind, a couple of things to try are...

1. set the split to C5 (the octave above C4)

2. set the max ledger lines to 0

I haven't tried it but I suspect that one of those two settings will do the job for you.

Regards,
Noel

Hello,

This here is the secret to make it work correctly:

"Melody on Bass Clef"

Thanks Graham!

And:
Hello Graham! :-)
© PG Music Forums