PG Music Home
Posted By: bowlesj Any way to change a bad ending. - 05/25/19 09:34 PM
Hi,

In BIAB I have a generated ending which has a chord hold and it sounds good. I created a tag ending and clipped it at that same 6th chord and made the chord hold and it sounds pretty bad. I tried changing the marker to a different color and it does not fix the bad sounding ending. Is there any way to create a new ending and force it to be that ending or even listen to sample endings and pick one without changing the style of the whole song? I prefer the tag ending because I can create a PDF lead sheet of the chords only for others to download from my website and not have to keep switching it temporarily to do this. With the generated ending the PDF does not show the tag jump.

Thanks,
John
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Any way to change a bad ending. - 05/25/19 11:16 PM
John,

Have you tried generating the song multiple times to see if the ending that you like comes along in one of the generations?

(I'm pretty sure you know this but, just in case... check that the track involved is not frozen otherwise the generation won't have any impact.)

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: bowlesj Re: Any way to change a bad ending. - 05/26/19 12:28 AM
Hi Noel, thanks for responding.

Although I have seen the option "Freeze track" I have never used it unless by accident. I am assuming they are all not frozen. I just checked and none of the tracks are frozen. I also did a regenerate and it did not fix the bad sounding track. It turns out is is the guitar.

I am curious what the benefits of freezing the track are. I suspect in my situation where I have no way of knowing for sure how many chorus repeats I need to use on jam night I can't freeze tracks. Am I correct?

John
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Any way to change a bad ending. - 05/26/19 08:18 AM
Originally Posted By: bowlesj
... I am curious what the benefits of freezing the track are. I suspect in my situation where I have no way of knowing for sure how many chorus repeats I need to use on jam night I can't freeze tracks. Am I correct?
John

Hi John.

The RealTracks are recordings of an artist who may play multiple different interpretations of musical passages of a particular chord or chord progression. These are all unique individual phrases.

Each time you generate, BiaB selects these one or more of these phrases to 'assemble' the overall song.
When you generate again, BiaB may select one or more different phases and the accompaniment therefore changes.

However, if you freeze the specific track, the phrasing you froze remains fixed and wont be changed by a further generation. You will always hear he same backing for that specific track (unless to unfreeze and regenerate)

I hope this explains the methods used.
Posted By: bowlesj Re: Any way to change a bad ending. - 05/27/19 06:06 AM
HI VideoTrack, for sure I did three regenerates and got the same result. However my memories fails me and I suspect I did a few extra with again the same result.

MY guess is to get a different random result every time they would have to include a random number generator into the logic. The way that works is the regeneration process would need to know the total number of available snippets then set the regeneration to that total. Or at least that is the only type of random number generator that I have ever used. Of course if there is only one possible snippet even the type of random number generator I have used will repeatedly come up with that one result :-)
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Any way to change a bad ending. - 05/27/19 01:09 PM
Originally Posted By: bowlesj
...Of course if there is only one possible snippet even the type of random number generator I have used will repeatedly come up with that one result :-)

I am guessing this might be the case here.
© PG Music Forums