PG Music Home
hi guys similar problems as deaconblues09 only 628 got it working until yesterday same thing happening however don't know if this had anything to do with this issue I would nomally got to song setting and click on force simple arrangement so then I did a reset hoping this stop nope then decided to go to overrides and choose simple arrangement everything working again both 32 and 64 another trip in computer land any thoughts eric
Have you ruled out that the MIDI note itself is not a long duration? Check in the piano roll.

One thing I'm not sure of: in the old (pre-2018) GUI, there was a Panic button to silence 'stuck' MIDI notes. I'm not sure if that's in the new GUI.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: midi note stuck running in back ground - 06/15/19 02:55 PM
hi matt thanks for responding no I did not however it does it in many styles thanks
Have had same problem in past few days stuck note starts with the count-in, and seems to continue.

Running version 628 so tried a few things Restore to factory settings and using a different default synth.

I have a sneaky feeling it could be related to the VstSynthfont but could well be wrong in that, I have updated it anyways as there is an update available link is on the the synth GUI.You using it by any chance?

Anyways going to factory settings and using a different default synth the problem has gone for the moment which is good.

Hope you get it sorted.
Originally Posted By: musiclover
Have had same problem in past few days stuck note starts with the count-in, and seems to continue.

Me too.
This is only since 628.
Ian
Posted By: ryclark Re: midi note stuck running in back ground - 06/16/19 09:28 AM
Long thread here a while ago about stuck MIDI notes. https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=537615#Post537615
Stuck Midi notes.

First thing you should do with any new synth is learn where the KILL BUTTON is located. I've had to push it a few times. It can be frustrating when a note gets hung in the ON position and continues even with a transport stop. Knowing where that kill switch is located is invaluable.
Posted By: DrDan Re: midi note stuck running in back ground - 06/20/19 09:26 AM
Originally Posted By: musiclover

Running version 628 so tried a few things Restore to factory settings and using a different default synth.

I have a sneaky feeling it could be related to the VstSynthfont but could well be wrong in that, I have updated it anyways as there is an update available link is on the the synth GUI.You using it by any chance?

Anyways going to factory settings and using a different default synth the problem has gone for the moment which is good.

Hope you get it sorted.

Yes, sounds exactly like the same problem here this morning, but I don't what to change out VSTSynthfont (I am just figuring this thing out).
There is an update for the Synthfont, so if it is that, might solve, worth a try.

I just use a different default synth now, stuck note at count problem hasn't come back since.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=540877&Searchpage=1&Main=76958&Words=musiclover&Search=true#Post540877
thanks to for help I haven't use force to simple arrangement in song settings everything has been well not saying that maybe that was it anyway all is well for now eric
© PG Music Forums